How to Backup and Transfer Tuner Configuration Settings to New Image

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,473 times. The last Post () by toni185.

• I wrote a new image to my dm800 and restored my satellite info through Dreamset but although my channels are all there they are greyed out becuase the tuner says it's Unconfigured. What do I transfer via FTP or how do I restore the tuner configs so I don't have to go through setting up all my sats, lnb's, switches etc all over again ?

bump

• Official Post

Do you have a backup of the old image that has your tuner configuration ?

If not, you will need to configure everything again.

If you do, FTP to /etc/enigma2/ and backup the file named settings.

Open the file settings with notepad++ and look for the lines that start with config.Nims, these are your tuner configurations.

Flash new image > stop enigma2 in telnet init 4 > Overwrite the existing settings file or add the lines that start with config.Nims to the existing settings file > restart enigma2 in telnet init 3.

The old tuner configuration should now be restored.

• This is interesting. I've tried editing the settings file as you've mentioned but it was always overwritten. So I need to stop Enigma 2 for the changes to stick.

Is ftp active when you stop Enigma ? Thanks will give it a try.

• init 4 :thumbup::thumbup: Thank you, saved me lot of time!

• master G

Added the Label Tuner Support

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!