How Does Stream Relay Work ?

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 1,171 times. The last Post () by zayden.

• I've been reading a little bit trying to understand the nuances of direct decryption vs stream relay.

When people say your receiver needs a "driver update" to work without stream relay are they meaning that CSA has to be enabled in the SOC ? If you set up Oscam emu properly you will see the cw's flowing from the program but it seems logical there is no way to inject them without CSA enabled.

The inference here then is that all receivers that can't perform direct decryption are sold with inactive card slots since their sole purpose is to provide control words.

If one must use stream relay on a given receiver why is it not possible to simply click on a scanned channel and have Oscam emu parse the incoming stream and reinject the decrypted streams for rendering ? Is it because it is all done in hardware for which Oscam has no access ?

Rambling, I know. Wanted to just get this out there to get other thoughts.

joeuser I know you know this stuff, any insights ?

OSCam-EMU Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam-EMU Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!