Oscam-emu and audio decoding

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 651 times. The last Post () by supwiddiss.

• Just a thought. I'll fragment this so hopefully someone can explain and make thing clear. I have some high quality A/V equipment.
    My current finding with a Zgemma H7.AC is that I've just discovered that a Dolby Digital test file plays discrete 5.1 channels through the correct speakers with the media player.
    Watching a channel that indicates is Dolby Digital doesn't seem to be decoding to the rear speakers and subwoofer.
    Those channels are going through OscamPowervu 14444.

I have a couple of sat receivers, a Dreamlink and Linkbox that do decode AC3 and each speaker is discrete, as in if a movie is on and a helicopter takes off and circles overhead and in back of you. My ZGemma will not. I set the audio settings so that the HT receiver indicates that it's getting a Dolby Digital signal. And the test file audio settings indicate Dolby Digital also.

I do not understand if Oscam is doing a/v decoding or simply 'switches on' the decoder in the chipset...'authorizing'.

I have not located a newer version of Oscam that will work on my receiver.
    Is it now necessary to use stream relay with newer versions above 14444?
    I've not used stream relay yet. So I hope there is not another learning curve to attack.

Are my questions good ones?

• Wiping off the cobwebs here guys.
    This is really getting to to me.
    I thought I made a good decision in getting the H7.

Can ANYBODY confirm that their H7's decode discrete Dolby channels on a home theater system on satellite?
    Using any form of Oscam?
    And without (in the clear channels).

It's not above me to spend the extra and get a VU+ higher end receiver. Just need to find a supplier that can source an ATSC tuner which can demodulate 256-QAM cable (in the clear).

If so, the H7 goes up for sale.

master G, Enigma 1969. Somebody please assist me. Offer a little insight.
    I have found that Enigma2 receivers like my H7 use code from Broadcom which is closed source.
    So folks like OpenATV and Puke E2 have their hands tied on fixing driver issues.
    It sucks that advertised decoding of Dolby only works on the media player.
    But it would suck worse if the best VU+ receiver once in my hands would leave the rear and subwoofer channels dead as opposed to my FTA receivers that do it very well.

That cost a fraction of even the H7.

Come on, hook a brother up!

OSCam-EMU Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam-EMU Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!