Will I get 28.2E on this dish and whats my alternative ?

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 936 times. The last Post () by Huntamick.

• TechniSat Multitenne Satellite Twin LNB's Dish Receive 4 Satellites On One 45cm Square Dish!

This compact, high-quality square dish with a diameter of only 45cms - allows you to receive signals from the four satellite positions: ASTRA 1 19.2, East EUTELSAT HOT BIRD 13, East ASTRA 3/1D 23.5, East and EUROBIRD/ASTRA 2 28.2, East Ideal For *** Or FreeSat, Twin LNB's Ideal For PVR's

All positions are received in parallel and without any need for a rotating motor. To receive the four orbital positions in parallel, all you need to do is to align the Multytenne correctly for the ASTRA 19.2° East position.

The Multytenne reception unit provides exceptional performance. It incorporates four low noise twin output LNBs, which are controlled via 2 in-built DiSEqC Switches 4/1. This means all that is required for connection to the digital satellite receiver is a single co-axial cable.

Current tests show good UK reception as far north as Birmingham. Also recommended for reception across most of Northern Europe, including France, Belgium, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Germany.

I get the feeling because Im up north in Newcastle I might struggle to get the best out of this dish ?

I need something small though and discreet because its for a Caravan ?

Any advice please Im after recieving euro sats 19.2e 13e 28.2e

Any advice please

• I have never heard of this dish tbh mate and i also dont even like the look of it and i dought i would have that anywhere on my home or caravan as it looks like one ugly mofo to me regardless of its size,i would also be sceptical too regarding signals being ok but that said some dishes produced like the channel master 1.2 can give better signals than a 1.3.

Also unless i am looking in the wrong place these things appear to be selling for around the £280 mark,lot of money unless you are sure it will give you stable signals which i dought but as said i have never seen or installed one of those.

Anyway i would not buy that so here is some options for you but its upto yourself.

80m fixed with 3 lnbs and diseqc switches or motorised 80cm/too large tho probably
    or
    60cm motorised system which i think would not look as intrusive as that other mofo/you would need to do some messing with that setup i think tho as in set it on 19east and peak it and then mess with the lnb scew to receive all 3 sats reliably.Dont set it up on 1 west like you are supposed to do with motorised diseqc systems as you only require those 3 sats.

I have only ever done 80cm motorised or fixed setups for what you are after and its fine but i live further north than you.

Only 50 or 60 quid so worth a punt i reckon... example = ebay no 360427733787

Or see satshops site or pm satshop for further advice on what he can do for ya.

Good luck!

• Cheers for the input mate, I have phoned the caravan site and they have said, a small dish would not be a problem if I mount it on the concrete floor at the back of the caravan, which is fine as that's the direction it needs to be pointed at anyway and its all open.

So I just need to find a pole are mount/tripod that can be screwed to the concrete floor cheers for the input though, I thought a motorised system would cost me around £150 anyway, that's why I thought the 4 in one would save me time setting up and would be much more stable.

But suppose I did not do my ground work lol.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!