VU Solo BH 1.7.2 (OpenVPN) HideMyAss Pro

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,884 times. The last Post () by Underworld.

• Hi All,

This is my first post. My STB has arrived, and dish, first and foremost i'l looking at protecting my identity so need help on this front which is casuing me grief.

OpenVPN Service is started without issues but when running `wget -O - -q What is my ip? - WhatIsMyIp.org | awk '{ print $NF }'` its still show my ISP External IP so it's not connectiing to any VPN service IMO.

So I decided to purchase HMA Pro however I'm finding it quite challening setting up OpenVPN on my STB for HideMyAss Pro connections.

I've setup the user keys,user cert and ca certs but when trying to start openVPN with a specific config it's not reading the configuration correctly.

root@vusolo:/etc/openvpn#
    drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 1160 Apr 3 08:19 keys/
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4265 Apr 3 08:31 client.conf
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 14638 Apr 3 10:06 openvpn.log
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4194 Apr 3 09:54 UK.Hampshire.Gosport_LOC1S1.opvn

root@vusolo:/etc/openvpn/keys#
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1208 Feb 5 17:48 ca.crt.ORIG
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 891 Apr 3 08:19 hmauser.key
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1338 Apr 3 08:19 ca.crt
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3908 Apr 3 10:04 hmauser.crt

root@vusolo:/etc/openvpn# cat client.conf | grep keys
    ca /etc/openvpn/keys/hmaca.crt
    cert /etc/openvpn/keys/hmauser.crt
    key /etc/openvpn/keys/hmauser.key

============================
    ERROR MESSAGE
    ============================
    root@vusolo:/etc/openvpn/keys# openvpn --config /etc/openvpn/UK.Hampshire.Gosport_LOC1S1.opvn --script-security 2
    Tue Apr 3 11:23:11 2012 OpenVPN 2.2.1 mipsel-oe-linux [SSL] [LZO2] [EPOLL] [eurephia] built on Feb 5 2012
    Enter Auth Username:<HIDDEN>
    Enter Auth Password:
    Tue Apr 3 11:23:22 2012 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts
    Tue Apr 3 11:23:22 2012 Cannot load private key file /etc/openvpn/keys/hmauser.crt: error:0906D06C:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:no start line: error:140B0009:SSL routines:SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file:PEM lib
    Tue Apr 3 11:23:22 2012 Error: private key password verification failed
    Tue Apr 3 11:23:22 2012 Exiting

Has anyone got this type of setup working?

Regards
    Underworld

• So I've managed to get OpenVPN working with a HideMyAss Pro Account on both Vix 2.3 and BH 1.7.2 :-) R E S U L T! :-)

Caveats are that you must have a HMA Pro Account which is 70 Dollars for the year.

The Doc can be found in the guide sections - and should work for all images flavors and STBs.

http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…idemyass-setup-guide.html

I did just try and backup images so I could upload them for you but Vix 2.3 for some crap reason throws wobbles and fails - cant be $$$ to look into that just yet.

Underworld

• underworld can you please provide instructions on how you done this because i want to do the exact same thing

would really appreciate it

cheers m8

• Just how are you trying to make the backups ?, as ViX has a very specifically custom written backup manager integrated directly in to the image so using for example a external backup manager such as Backup suite can give a lot of problems.

To make backups with the ViX image as follows.

1. Blue Button> ViX> Image Manager: This allows you to make a full image backup exactly as you have the image setup now into a USB format.

2. Blue Button> ViX> Backup Manager: This allows you to backup your settings and plugins as well as configuration files etc ( you can also tell it to backup specific folders and files using the menu button ). This backup will take the form of a .Ipk file that you can use with a virgin image to restore all of your plugins and settings etc.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Hi Phoenix - I was using the Vix built-in tools to do this. I can backup the setting no problems at all - but I can just can backup image to work and in-all honesty I find that it's just as easy to re-flash and then recover using my backed up restore settings with additional folder selection lists. (I include /etc/openvpn) too).

I think it's an issue with the image - as I've reflashed it many times to give it a another go.

Underworld

• Hi Phoenix - I was using the Vix built-in tools to do this. I can backup the setting no problems at all - but I can just can backup image to work and in-all honesty I find that it's just as easy to re-flash and then recover using my backed up restore settings with additional folder selection lists. (I include /etc/openvpn) too).

I think it's an issue with the image - as I've reflashed it many times to give it a another go.

Underworld

what exact error does it give when trying to make the backup ? is it timing out etc ?>

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Cheers for wanting to help Phoenix - cant exactly remember - dont want to hyjack this thread with other stuff at the moment. I'll craete a new thread about backup imageissues.

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!