VU+ solo LNB signal lost when switching channels

There are 20 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,688 times. The last Post () by hatem25.

• Hey Guys,

Need some help, I recently received a VU+ solo and for some reason the signal becomes 0% when switching between channels. A reboot of the unit resolves the issue for 'x' amount of time. I have blackhole 1.7.2 running, anyone else come across this problem.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!

• Might be something to do with your tuner configuration - Can you tell us what setup you have (meaning whether you have fixed, motorised, multi etc) and how you have set up your tuner in 'menu' - 'setup' - 'service searching' - 'tuner configuration'

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• sorry, yeah i have a motorized setup. I have been using a dM500s for a good while now with no issue and also a dm800HD which appears to be very similar when setting up the tuner as per the VU+. From memory (away from home at present), it is setup for DiSEqC 1.2 but I would have to check for the other parameters. what can you suggest to check?

This occurs without switching satellites, if it remains on 28.2 then it will happen.

Thanks

• If your dish is up well you should be able to use usals - to enable this chose configuration simple, mode positioner, set long and lat.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• that's a good point, my dish location is in full force of any high winds and I get a few so I think there may have been some movement, I have always struggled with USALS. But I don't see how this would cause this issue I am having? as I stated the problem happens without the dish moving and I have a SNR of 90%+ and a BER of 0%. I have tried restarting the cam but that makes no difference. Could it be image related?

• Official Post

Well with SNR of 90%+ and a BER of 0% it doesnt sound like your dish is off, i would make use of the new meoboot which is loaded on your image to see if the problem remains without affecting what you have installed. Press green for plugin menu to install meoboot then upload the image of your choice in original zip format to mboot upload folder, you have the option to load your existing settings to the new image so there is very little to do in terms of setting it up and you will not have the need to reflash if the problem is with the dish.

• ok, my full tuner config is as follows:

Configuration mode: Advanced
    SAtellite: 28.2E
    LNB: LNB1
    Priority: Auto
    LOF universal LNB
    Voltage Mode: Polarization
    Increased Voltage: NO
    Tone Mode: NO
    DiSEqc Mode: 1.2
    Toneburst: None
    Commited DiSEqC Command: None
    Fast DiSEqC: No
    Sequence Repeat: No
    Command order: Committed, Toneburst
    Uncommited DiSEqC: None
    DiSEqC repeats: None
    Longitude: 2.897
    West
    Latitude: 53.398
    North
    Use usals for this sat: No
    Stored Position: 001

• I thought you may of been on to something then with the tone mode, but I actually made a typo as it is already set to tone mode. Is it possible that there is insufficient space on the flash?

• Thanks , I will give it a try once I get off working night shifts. I do apologize as I did miss your previous post regarding the meoboot. I am fairly new to VU+, do you recommend an alternative image?

cheers!!!

• Hi, The problem seems to be Blackhole 1.7.2

I was advised by Ten below (thanks dude!!!) to use meoboot plugin and run an alternative image from there. I am now using open pli beta v2.1 form the top of this screen with a Black/Blue HD skin that I downloaded once a I started using it. Much better IMHO than blackhole. The one thing that annoyed me with BH is that the alpha numeric buttons of the remote do not work for the alpha characters which I use a lot for finding channels outside of using my bouquets. if you need anymore help then just ask!!!

Cheers

• Well, I guess I spoke to soon. Last night I lost the signal again from the LNB and consequently all the channels except for the last working channel. However, it is not as frequent as i previously found when using the BH 1.7.2

• Mr. Ten Below
    Earlier my vu solo was running fine with VTI ver 3 for the last 1-1/2 year. With new version of updating I have installed Black hole 1.7.7 in vu solo from your backup. Box was initially running good. But one morning the signal was lost. My antenna is at NSS 95e and my dreambox 500 running witout any problem. With setting I have tried new version of vix and VTI in my box but still no signals. Vu solo is running streamtv, Media Player, youtube but no signals, no channels lock . Kindly suggest me the remedy of the problem. Thanks

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!