help please recommend equipment for my new setup.

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 626 times. The last Post () by Sandman.

• Hello all,

I am a newb to the sat world however i'm ready to dive in the deep.

Im gettting a 1.4 m aluminum dish that i'm undecided if i want fixed with multiple LNB merely for the convenience of fast channel changeup or get it motorized.

I'm also getting a .8m fixed dish that will be serving a different room and tv that wants to be able to change channels at any given time.

I have a very basic and probably very newb question in understanding the difference of the VU+ ultimo and the DM800SE. (I hope i've posted this in the right forum.)

Other than the obvious hardware differences is there something that one can't do or can do better? Do they both support the same soft cams etc?

I am leaning on the VU+ ultimo for its better hardware specs and the local sat installer is recommending i stay with DREAM even if its clone.

I searched the web for ultimo vs dm800se etc etc with no comparisons or remarks of one being better than the other.

Is it possible a certain cccam server that works 100% with DREAM will not work with the VU+ box? my little understanding of how things work suggest that there should be no difference at all, especailly since they're both running variations of enigma2

I appreciate your time in explaining this.

Atlas

• were you located atlas first off pal so we can say about your dish size and motor ??

dont go for clones if going to go deep do it proper and go for the vu+ ultimo or vu+ duo more support.:0)

your fixed dish which satellite will it be on and again depends on your location m8 ??

fill your profile in more that helps m8.

answer these Q and do profile and we can help you better.

cheers

• Thanks for the reply.

I'm located in Central Greece. 28.2 for all the english channels is my main aim. I've researched and for my area i need atleast 1.4m to get good reception. Basically English spoken channels is my concern I can care less for anything else. The smaller .8 m dish will be fixed to receive local greek channels.

If you dont mind could someone please elaborate on the differences between DM800SE (genuine) and VU+ Ultimo? As far as capabilities software wise. I understand the hardware differences (ie more ram, extra slots etc) Do certain emulators work better on one platform than the other? Please elaborate...

• Its going to come down to personal preference! The Ultimo is a newer box with newer hardware but cams will work fine on both boxes...you'll have no problem there!

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!