How to install CCcam on gigablue TeamRed image

There are 27 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 15,313 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• hey guys

just got gigablue hd 800 se, I cant seem to get cccam installed. Ive ftp'd cccam 2.2.1 ipk file to tmp went to manual install it appeared I selected it installed then it disappeared from list so assumed its installed but it s not.

any of you guys sussed this yet? I figured it wouldve been the same as vu+ but gotta say the vu+ was a lot easier to set up lol

• you need to install the extra url addon
    http://linuxsat-support.com/gi…1-extra-url-uploader.html

Once you have added this, restart your GUI, and you will have an extra URL in your addon download panel to install cams. Once you have selected and installed your softcam, then you need to edit your CCcam.cfg which is in the /etc folder, and activate the cam in your redpanel

hope this helps

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• download this file - ftp into your receiver, and paste it into the /etc directory, and restart. The applet doesn't work out the box if you have added a password to your receiver, so this manual install might be easier

To access the extra URL, I think you need to press the blue button twice - can't remember 'cause am using the HDF image which is tuned a bit different. The HDF image has a panel already installed with the cams so you could try to install this image, and there is also the AAF image, which again already has cams in the addon section. You sholdn't have a problem so long as you are going to the right places to do the right things. Have a look at the gigablue sectioin for other images.

• right heres the outcome... got Download extra under the addons menu but it wont connect to server any reason why this might be?

is the image your using stable enough? as this box will be going to my grandpa's so I wont be messing about with it lol

• the HDF image is just a backup of the TeamRed image so it is fine - and is the one I am using. I just installed the extra url and it is connecting fine, so I am wondering if you are connecting to the net at all on your gigablue? - you should be able to access it from the Addons Manager, and then select 'Download Extra'

• Ive put hdf image on and getting somewhere lol. Ive loaded hdf didnt realise it was a replica of team red.

So loaded hdf got cccam setup etc

just got one last question... i think lol

Can i use any ch bouquet on this?

just that everytime I transfer one it says tuner failed, yet if I do an automatic scan itll pick up channels.

• there are fairly up to date settings in the addons server but download the latest and send them to the box manually - I am using the latest catseye settings and working just fine - the satellites.xml file goes in /etc/tuxbox, and the bouquets go in /etc/enigma2 - restart gui and should be ready to go.

• i use bigmcc dreambox services database which works fine on vu+ but not gigablue hence why i asked the above question I would say the box may have faulty tuner but then it wouldnt pick up channels on scan would it?

• should work - most likely problem is a bad satellites.xml file, or the tuner config being incorrect - I have no problems with any bouquet lists - and yes if you auto scan it might still work because it will be scanning files based on the current satellites.xml file, where as when you use settings it would rely on the xml file being in sync with the positions in your settings. It might be an idea to use one of the settings on the addons server first? - never tried the settings you mention so can't speak for them

• Right latest update....started from scratch was kinda all over the place plus just couldnt get used to the last image I had on lol,

so latest is;

gigablue hd800se
    openAAF image

installed cccam 2.2.1
    put config file in /etc
    activated cccam

but I still get nothing but freeview channels. Ive checked internet thats fine as I can update software on the image and connect my laptop to tenda that is connected to box and use the internet.

Anyone got any ideas? My line is fine as my other box is working perfect and is enabled for 2 feeds

• think you already read the other thread re CCcam on the AAF image - you might have missed the part I posted about setting up CCcam on that image.

the CCcam.cfg should reside in the /var/usr/keys directory - not the /etc directory

• procedure cccam image team_red
    from memory
    1) install with ftp, .. extra.url path var / etc
    2) reboot giga
    3) Extra addons = blue button choose your cccam
    4) var / etc, create and invite your file cccam cfg

search setting Vhannibal motor or open them with EnigmEdit DreamBoxEdit you edit them and then save them to send
    sorry for my bad English.
    I hope you understand me

• AHHHHHHHHHH starting to go all over the place - how the heck is this not as simple as vu+ with blackhole lol,

Right tried putting cfg file in location you stated still no luck, Ive now tried axl's instructions;

Team Red image installed
    Got cccam 2.3.0 installed - put cfg file where stated and activated it
    loaded Bigmcc bouquets using dreambox edit
    Setup tuner to 28.2e

No channels are showing just says check tuner configuration, Can select bbc1 or *** prem but just says the tuner msg.

Is there something on this box thatll tell me if box is getting a signal, should be bcause I could watch freeview channels when I had openaaf image on.

Frying my head!!! lol

Again thanks to all that have responded so far :smile:

• what satellite setup do you have?

go to Menu - Setup - service searching - tuner configuration - post here how that is set up

Have you loaded any services/settings? if so, which ones, and by what method?

need to know more before I can help - i have no problems at all with this receiver running the TeamRed image. Had some stability issues with CCcam on the AAF image, but still managed to get it working.

• Tuner config

Config Mode: Simple
    Mode: Single
    Sat: 28.2E
    Send DiSEqC: No

-------------------------------

Channel bouquets

Loaded Bigmcc via dreambox edit

Nothing showed up with that bouquet which is strange because i use the same bouquet for vu+ in livingroom

Have done an auto scan without clearing the bouquet get the freeview ch's but thats it

--------------------------------

Config file is in Var/Etc

• Send DiSEqC: No

change this to Yes

restart GUI

CCcam.cfg should be in /etc, but my image has a symbolic link to /etc in /var/etc anyway so your config is probably in /etc so long as it has the symlink

• nope still no luck - which settings do you use and I'll try them

-------------------

Had a look through the channels got a lot of N/A channels - but Premier Sports is working which means cccam is working?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!