Jedi Maker Xtream (IPTV Bouquet Creator) - Main thread

There are 2,424 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 854,696 times. The last Post () by gabir.

• Manually unpacked enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream_6.09.20201120_all.ipk and copied over etc & usr folders.

Shows 6.09 for me.

No idea if this is a correct method. Awaiting to be told different :wtf1:

Edited once, last by Zorro69 ().

• Official Post

And you are not using a Dreambox TopMaster ? if so then its the .deb file you should use

• To be honest I never tested grouped categories.

I will have a look now.

But I had a similar issue with non grouped files ending up massive files because of an error in the code.

So i probably got the same issue with grouped.

This sorting bouquets at top lark is actually very difficult. I did actually hide that option ages ago, because of problems, I must have accidently shown it again in some release. Now people want that option again, which was the whole point of doing this release :(

Regarding version numbers... no idea.

Regarding catchup - catchup has always worked hasn't it?

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• I am pulling this 6.09 release because if there is a problem with your bouquet files.

Its a pain to fix and can cause boot loops.

Basically you have to delete

all the .tv files in /etc/enigma2

and any files set for deletion .tv.del

reboot

Then run autobouquetbouquet maker again

Then run jedi again

which is a big pain in the arse

• Official Post

Yes catchup works fine in my tests but then of cause i dont test other then my Nordic and UK/US/Russia and German channels

How it works for all others i really dont now

But as a notice the new Xstreamity epg source works much better to populate epg then the source created by Jedi for same provider

• The only real difference between jedi and xstreamity full epg is that jedi can use the providers custom sids for sat/cable if provided.

We stripped that out of xstreamity.

If you look at the 2 xml channels files from each plugin, there should hardly be any difference.

• Official Post

Yes working fine that and same with bouqets on top or bottom.

But maybe a bad setup on a playlist can produce the strange issue reported

• KiddaC I know it is not a release yet but just installed Jedi 6.09 on a clean install of the latest openatv 6.5 on my vu+ solo 4k (20201120). It took a long time to create the bouquets and several times I thought it had hung but left it alone. I had set to ‘True’ to Group bouquets into its own folder, so therefore expecting 2 Group entries with 100+ bouquets within each group for my 2 suppliers. What it actually did was create the Groups 100+ times each with the Group Name and then within each one was the 100+ bouquets, in other words it created a separate Group each time it found a new bouquet and then built the bouquets within each. I think this reads correctly but if more info needed let me know. As said I know this is only alpha/early beta at best but I know you had been testing on Python 3. I have not had time to test 6.08 on this version but I know it was working ok on the previous 6.5 release.

Update - just noticed the Group Folder option shows as Experimental, if I change back to No then works correctly but not as I like personally.

It is/was a release and not beta, because jedi has been stable for quite some time now apart from the odd hiccup.

Grouped categories is not really experimental any more, but is still a hack, but the hack works

I cant seem to get the problem you are having with the groups being created multiple times

As for slowness... if you select series in jedi, it will be slow. It has to be slow to prevent server flooding.

Days of old you could do multiple api calls for series, but in the era of hackers and brute forcers this is not really possible now as you will get blocked or even banned from your provider.

So most of the series data is cross referenced from the get.php file. If your provider is large, this get.php file is massive and takes a while to download.

But if you select just Live and Vod it should be rapid though.

• OK I just tested grouped categories.

That seems to be working fine and not messing up the bouquet files. Phew

update that on openatv 6.4 the group function works correctly but on 6.5 it does as my previous post.

OK I not tested python 3 yet. All my testing yesterday was on python 2.7

Nothing in my code I added yesterday should break python 3 though?

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!