Help Vu+ ultimo4k not booting

There are 25 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,881 times. The last Post () by mjsoderlund.

• Hello all. I need some help I bought a vu+ ultimo4k box from eBay used and when turning power switch on the big front display screen just stays black with a little light and doesn’t display nothing on tv. I tried installing new firmware and still same is this box dead ?

• Looks that way. When you insert the USB stick and then power up the box, you should see the option to upgrade the firmware on the front display. Was there an image/firmware already on the box when you bought it? Did it boot up when you first got it? If not you have been sold a dead box. Send it back to the con artist who sold it to you.

bo.

• Looks that way. When you insert the USB stick and then power up the box, you should see the option to upgrade the firmware on the front display. Was there an image/firmware already on the box when you bought it? Did it boot up when you first got it? If not you have been sold a dead box. Send it back to the con artist who sold it to you.

bo

Nothing displaying on the front. I don’t know if there was an image on it i received it like this and thought it just needs a firmware.

• Did you get anything on your tv when you first powered the box? You should have at least seen booting up screens. If not then you have been ripped off. I can`t think of any reason why you would not see anything unless the box was bricked.

bo.

• Official Post

Hade the same problem on my brand new Vu+ Uno4Kse after flashing was interuped by power loss in the house

to fix it I found a empty file named "noforce" on my usb stick

I changed the name to "force" then flashing worked and i got life back in to my stb :)

If there are no file named "noforce" just add an empty file named "force" and your Vu+ will flash any image without checking thats the right image.

But be careful so you now you have image for your stb

I also have experince that old and some new usb sticks sometimes need to be proper formated to work

And if you have backup image on your hdd that also can interfer with flashing.

To setup your usb stick proper download HP format usb stick toole from here: https://filehippo.com/download…disk_storage_format_tool/

Unpack image files to stick and try to reflash.

If there is a old image in your stb remove all hardware like HDD and wifi adapters when flashing.

Setup and then turn off put in all devices when new image is in place and install them.

Hope this fix your problem

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• Hello seagen thanks for the reply.

I tried it just now your method that you said and on the display box screen a update messaged popped up then after that ATV come and it just stayed stuck on ATV and nothing happened after I waited for 30 minuets and switched it off from back box switch powered on again and went back to the dead mode again.

I also tried a low level format on the usb sticks and tried again with the same method as you said on this thread and no joy just got dark screen with the little light.

Is there some other way to get it working ? I know now the Vu box is alive and not completely dead.

Thanks.

• Official Post

Did you try to reflash with ATV or is it ATV image in the flash?

I would recommend that you try my steps but with Original Vu+ bootloader

Follow this steps link to original Vu+ site is here: VU+ Ultimo4K Bootloader Update

• Official Post

No it should be there allredy

And i strongly recommend that you reflash with Vu+ original image first before you flash any other image just to bring life in to your stb

Really hope you can bring back life to your stb

• Official Post

Yes but did you first flash the new bootloader

After bootloader is flashed turn of and flash with Orginal image with pressing standby button when its blinking

If there is no "forcefile" add the "force.update" file to orginal image for flashing

• Yes but did you first flash the new bootloader

After bootloader is flashed turn of and flash with Orginal image with pressing standby button when its blinking

If there is no "forcefile" add the "force.update" file to orginal image for flashing

yh I tried flashing bootloader first but it didn’t pick up from usb.

I have attached a picture here please look if files are right.

• Official Post

Ok looks fine

So this is mu suggestions

1. Test another USB Stick that never has been used in a Linux invirement

2. remove all other devices like HDD and usb devices

3. Put the usbstick in to machine and when message arrive in screen push the standby button on the reciver

4. If lucky the flashing starts

5. After new boorloader is in the flash let the box reboot, if lucky its booting up an image.

6 If no image then reflash with orginal image

7. If still not flashing try flashing with openPli image

When format it very important that you check format settings like in the picture. My is in Norwegian but i added English text.

This is very very important that this settings are like in picture for usb stick to work as flash tool

And of couse that folders are /vuplus/vuultimo4k/ flashfiles but if you extraxct flashfiles from orginal then folders are correct.

Hope this helps

1c34fe4.jpg

• Official Post

I supose that you formated and tested the usb stick in all usb ports before giving up?

Then i am sorry to have been at no help :(

VU+ ULTIMO 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!