Help Vu+ ultimo4k not booting

There are 25 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,932 times. The last Post () by mjsoderlund.

• Official Post

First of all i would never take money from someone who is i need my friend :) but thanks for the offer

Second is nothing i can do with teamview since we have no network on the Reciver.

But i have attached an OpenPli image redy to force flash.

Just unpack to your formated usbstick "win32" and try to flash with this image.

If this dont work then something is wrong with the flash memory and you need hands on help to fix that

I hope this will help you

• Ok. Thanks a lot m8 for the help I really appreciate it. I’ll give this a try and if it doesn’t work them I’m packing up to been at this all today will try again now. Cheers for the file you made.

Buddy...

• master G

Added the Label Image Flashing & Backup Support
  • I have the same problem and tried these same steps. The issue seems to be that no flashing or bootup is occurring. The front panel light is flashing intermittently, but that is the only activity in the Ultimo 4K unit. Tried with HDD disconnected, and nothing is working including the front panel which is always blank. Only sign of life is front panel light flashing. I suspect the flash memory is corrupt / stuck before box can get to initial boot sequence to even turn on the front LCD and offer the option to flash image as it seems flashing will not start with a blank front LCD screen. I've tried many different USB sticks, with FAT32 formatted sticks, and with larger capacity exFAT formats. The exFAT did work to install Black Hole image, which during channel scan found a list of channels same as any old cable box from the cable tuner (no SATs attached to the SAT tuners), but for some reason, the channels would remain blank. Because of this, I tried to download a bunch of extensions/plugins for softcams etc but nothing helped. At some point, the box offered an option to use old image (on HDD presumably) and I chose: No. After turning off box, it would never boot again, no signs of life other than flashing front circular power light, and no response of any kind, no HDD spinning etc. and there was no flashing activity anymore after trying to flash images, bootloaders etc.

I'm at a total loss what to do as Vu+ website offers no hardware support or customer service, and this was the only thread I could find from several hours of "googling". If anyone can help here, in any way, I'd appreciate it very much, in order to try to revive or repair this "bricked" Vu+ Ultimo 4K box.

VU+ ULTIMO 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!