Cache-ex wait time - what is the best setting for sly uk??

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,157 times. The last Post () by CapNCooK.

• OK so we have cache-ex enabled across 2 servers , however i dont get the defailt 50ms cache-ex wait time? , surely it has to be higher than the average lookup time for an ecm from a card or it will never find it from cache? , i am a bit confused!

Also to anyone else using it which mode is best??? - Most people seem to have option 1?

• I don't know what the optimal settings are, suppose that depends on the caid of the cache you are exchanging, but the point of it being available in cache is so that it doesn't have read the card and should be quicker than reading it from the card, that's one of the points of using cache exchanges.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• if using cacheex mode 3, then theres no point setting wait time as it only works for mode 1

set cacheexwaittime and cachedelay to 0 if using mode 3

oscam will allways check cache first anyway..... so dont worry too much about wait times

• OK so we have cache-ex enabled across 2 servers , however i dont get the defailt 50ms cache-ex wait time? , surely it has to be higher than the average lookup time for an ecm from a card or it will never find it from cache? , i am a bit confused!

Also to anyone else using it which mode is best??? - Most people seem to have option 1?

The waittime has to be just a bit higher then the responsetime of your cardreader.
    So, if your cardreader returns ECM in 85ms, optimal waittime would be 90/100.

--

That brings us to the point where to set this up...
    Thing is.. You can't ;-)

The last few months i spend a lot of my time debugging the whole cache-ex functionality, and since no manual is available, this all have been done from the log.
    Lots of things i discovered are fixed in the very latest builds, but the waittime is still a problem.

The only way to setup waittime at this point, is to setup CSP settings (Config->CSP), and assign a (bogus) IP and port to it.
    The CSP wait_time field should be also used for Cache-EX, but the only value that doesn't give unexpected results (disconnecting peers etc) is wait_time=100.

So my advice, setup CSP, choose wait_time=100, and wait for cache-ex to develop some more..
    See this ticket for details, i will update this when something changes: Timeline
    Also read this: http://linuxsat-support.com/os…e-ex-users-must-read.html

Thx

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!