Cardsharing a real s!y box

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 647 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• I see that the new s!y box come out with a ethernet port do you think someone will hack the system and put cccam on to the s!y box .... Be good if they did you wouldn't have to download channel list.

Please move post if in wrong area ....

Thanks
    Ian.S

• s.ky receivers have had ethernet ports for many many years in anticipation for the release of the anytime+ service which is now live.

as to your query no it is not possible to share a card on a official receiver unless the image is hacked sufficiently, which would be a monumentally expensive task. There is a patched firmware for one of the older Amstrad models which allowed users to use the record functions without a card inserted into the receiver but that project has not moved forward in at least 3 years or more.

There is also a so called Opens.ky project available to developers but even with this you would not likely see any advancement into the area your interested in.

obviously replacing the stared out parts with well you know what i mean.

To be totally honest your never going to see any thing like CS on a offitial receiver unless you have a secret lab somewhere and a few million £££'s hidden away. even then it would likely take a decade before you actually achieved something.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• I dont think it would take millions or a lab or even a decade for that matter as i think it would just take someone to take a real interest in doing it but the people mostly in the know will be the people who actually design 3rd party open source receivers in the first place and not some run of the mill bunch of numptys on a forum beta testing images from another designer and renaming it as there own and thats rife out there lol.

So basically these guys wont do it obviously as it would wreck sales.

http://www1.***.com/opensourcesoftware/***HD/

Its defo easier than you all may think but to be honest 300 quid for a duo is money well spent and much less hassle.

Also you would still have to do similar editing jobs like channel lists etc if this was possible anyway as it would be a much harder task trying to hack ***s epg software system asking for a download when you required it.

• it would be a much harder task trying to hack 5kys epg software system asking for a download when you required it.

there epg is updated o t a (over the air) through a dedicated Data stream from the satellite ! i think its on 11778v 27500 fec 3/4

most technomate rxers have the ability to use this stream already -

:rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• my reply as to the resources required was meant as a generalization and not meant to be taken as a literal shopping list to hacking these receivers. I am also well aware that with the correct tools a amateur could indeed make good strides into such a project however i find that unlikely to happen. as far as hacking the s.ky epg system well there's this little thing called CrossEPG you may have heard of it ? it takes it's OpenTV source directly from the same data / radio stream as the providers them selves do.

as for my own particular skill set i'm just one of those run of the mill numpties you were referring to and certainly not a person with the skills of say andyblac.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!