Box freezing up

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,569 times. The last Post () by nehaxak.

• Hi,

My VU+ Uno 4k keeps locking up at random times of the day, when it happens there is no picture and the remote control doesn't work.

you have to power off the box and power it back on.

I am using open Vix image and Oscam Softcam.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

• For what it's worth, my Duo2 has been acting the same since I updated to latest openVix yesterday. Tried everything at this stage so just going to try some other images and see if that helps at all.

Personally think it's something to do with the latest openVix images but I haven't the patience to find out exactly what.

Noticed some errors related to timeshift and something to do with softcam checking status but given it all just started happening after updating (clean) to the latest openvix, well can really only put the problems down to the image. Was also randomly happening.

• Hi,

What I noticed on mine was, if you turn the softcam off and just use FTA it doesn't happen I have tried this both with oscam and cccam, so I don't know if the error is the softcam not agreeing with the image in some way.

Just a thought

• Yeah on second thoughts and after much messing about, I think my Duo2 is messed up regardless of image. Randomly crashing no matter the image, random errors. Seems hardware related :( Damn it anyway.

Hope that's not whats happened you too :)

• Tried that image also, having same problems. Definitely hardware problems though unfortunately and can't determine if it's the internal power supply board or the whole motherboard itself, cost of new power supply is 45 euro + delivery and new board is 120 euro + they won't deliver, only install themselves which is another 50 euro + postage to Germany from Ireland and back again.

So yeah, hell with that. I just bought a Dreambox DM900 UHD with a triple tuner Sx2 and a DvbT, will never touch a VU box again :(

Glad you got your problems sorted though and not hardware problems !

• Yeah it's an original duo2.

Yeah DM always overpriced but the 900 UHD seemed competitive enough, white edition too. 300 euro it was with the triple tuner sx2 and dvbT.

I'm using an old dm800hd pvr original now, finally got an image working on it, just need a working mgcamd and I'm sorted until the new one arrives.

VU+ UNO 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!