xtrend 9200 HDD

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 704 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi guys, Im hooked on watching The Wire a us crime series and i have downloaded the first series and watched it through XBMC on my apple tv,but i understand they have made about 9 series and i dont have enough room on my laptop to store all these shows.. is there any way i can transfer the series i have downloaded to my 500g hard drive on my xtrend and if so how sould i do that many thanks.

• Official Post

With an FTP client open folder /media/HDD/movie/ and send The Wire there, play it with your mediaplayer.

Theres no guarantee it will work properly, NO STB will ever be as good in playing all kinds of mediafiles as a "real" mediaplayer.

All video decoding is done in hardware, so the results will depend on the way The Wire has been coded.

MKV (and AVI and several other) are "containers", so the term in itself means nothing: they can be coded by all kinds of codecs.

If coding has been done up-to-standard playback it will be fine.

You could mount the xtrend 9200`s HDD and play over the network to XBMC.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!