Setup Ultimo 4K Tuner B DVB-S2 FBC

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 954 times. The last Post () by A1pha Asy1um.

• Hi guys as i am new and still learning i wanted to ask for any info on how to setup Tuner B (Sat Type) on my ultimo 4k.

Do i need to input exactly the same settings i have as Tuner A?

I did try to set Tuner B to "Equal To" but my Vbox wouldn't move to any sat position.

If i set Tuner B to " Second cable of motorized LNB Tuner A" What does this actually do?

I just want to watch and record at the same time. My Lnb is wired up with Twin cable to my receiver which goes into Tuner A & Tuner B.

I have probably missed things in this post "Sorry" but my signature lets you know what i have got.

Many thanks.

• Official Post

Think about the wording.

"Equal" would mean that you have an equal setup on tuner B. I.e another V-box.

One cable is the "motoring" cabling which can be used to move the dish, connected and configured on tuner A.

You have a second cable on your motorised dish connected to receiver. You cannot directly move this LNB to point to another satellite, it is not equal/same as the equipment connected to tuner A. 2nd cable om motorised LNB is the correct option for you.

2nd cable of motorised LNB means receiver knows that it will always be pointing at whatever the motorised tuner is doing. I.e you can watch and record from two quadrants at the same time. Non-FBC tuners would just be two transponders.

You should set the non-physical tuners (C-H) as "FBC automatic". This will allow you to use eight transponders provided they are on two quadrants.

The golden rule of tuner configuration is that it must match what is attached at the end of the cable connected to the tuner.

• Many thanks for that information ? I will make the settings as you have explained.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!