How to : Multiroom Ferguson Ariva receiver

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,620 times. The last Post () by gg69me.

• Official Post

Multiroom

This function allows independent multiroom viewing different programs offered by digital pay-TV in two rooms simultaneously within a single subscription.

This function is used to operate a local area network (LAN).

Now, each house member can enjoy all their favourite channels without any conflicts.

On each TV receiver, different channels can be watched at the same time.

Note: The multiroom-service can only be used within a single household. This solution supports only one slave.

Step 1. Before you start

Ensure that DHCP is runing and the MAC adress is different on each receiver.

Turn on both receivers and wait until each will get the right IP address.

Step 2. Configuration of the main receiver (master)

Switch the main receiver with inserted pay-TV card to mode: Master.

To do this, go to menu>tools>conditional access>multiroom select Master and press EXIT to save.

Wait a configuration may take a few minutes.

Go to menu>system settings>other and turn on the clock in standby mode.

This change is necessary to make multiroom service available also when main receiver is switched to standby mode.

Step 3. Configuration of the slave receiver

Switch slave receiver mode to: Slave.

To do this, go to menu>tools>conditional access>multiroom select Slave and press EXIT to save.

Wait a configuration may take a few minutes.

Exit the menu and switch the channel to start multiroom feature.

Final remarks:

In case of problems with work, check the settings of the main receiver (Master).

If the receiver has an IP address 000.000.000.244 or similar it means that the network configuration is incorrect.

Probably before the configuration was not assigned a valid IP address from DHCP.

To solve the problem, restore the factory settings and repeat step 2.

Due to the huge variety of hardware and configurations available for household network Ferguson can not and will not be liable for malfunction of multiroom functionality.

As the addedmvalue, that is not representing the basic purpose of satellite receiver, multiroom function can not give rise to the receiver complaint.

• Hello,

I succesfully try Multirooming function with several Slave (3 for the moment).
    I also find another limitation : Multirooming, only work with the intergated card reader, CI isn't distribut (for the moment ?)

I also try successfully with lan-to-lan installation (between my home (with Ariva Multiroom Master) and my Office (with one Slave))

I think it will be possible to use multirooming function throught internet, otherwise, why there is and DDNS function on Ariva ?!?

regards

• Sounds good , will this work with cccam and a cline i take it your sat provider dosent know about it as my provider knows what chn i am watching and when so if two boxes are running on different chns at the same time would it not show up and possibly end up getting my account closed with the sat provider if they get p...ed off with me , i take it both boxes have to be connected to the router by ethernet and not by homeplugs or wifi repeaters etc...

• master G

Added the Label Article

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!