ubuntu 14.04 network problem

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 222 times. The last Post () by hs5424.

• Hi All,

My old CS PC server got hit by lightening at the weekend so I put together a new one using a spare PC. Not a big job as I have copies of my Oscam files etc and things seemed to go OK. My Problem is that I can browse to oscam from another PC on my network and see that its running ok but it would not connect to my friends server. After some checking I discovered that in terminal I can ping any other devises on my network but I cannot ping the outside world eg, ping 8.8.8.8 or http://www.ebay.com. etc. It might be worth mentioning that I had to replace my router also but this seems ok as it gives me internet access. I also have firewalls etc disabled. Here are my network interfaces settings. As you can see I tried a static IP setup which always worked for me. I have left some settings # out at the moment should I need to re-instate later.

#The loopback network interface

auto lo

iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface

auto p1p1

iface p1p1 inet dhcp

#address 192.168.*.*

#gateway 192.168.*.*

#dns-nameserver 8.8.8.8

#netmask 255.255.255.0

#network 192.168.*.0

#broadcast 192.168.* 255

The only difference that I can see from the above compared with my old server is the P1p1 which I understand reefers to the network chip used in this PC ??????.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!