MAG 250 / 254 / 322 custom firmware (MAG Software Portal)

There are 225 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 93,186 times. The last Post () by Riyad12345gy.

• It's for 0.2.18-r19 i'll add rootfs in future post today so you can see it your self.

• As per my previous post i attached rootfs-250.tar.gz of Chinese clone MAG250 . during revere engineering task i conformed that there's no different in Bootstrap and kernel(vmlinux.bin.mag250) file. only different is in rootfs. also portal is same as original version.

rootfs has total changes in 4 files in which 3 is removal and 1 is addition.

files removed:

1."/dev/initctl"

2."/dev/xconsole"

3. "/home/default/xppipe"

file added:

1."/etc/rcS.d/S70MAG255pub" ( this file is startup script which block's auto-update"

other files are identical as infomir's firmware.

Edited once, last by nooob ().

• finally i reverse engineered firmware provided by chines manufacturer. there's only only one change only /dev/initctl file is deleted in rootfs.

hello Kalpesh,

i am new to android , i want to do just layout change or menu location , with stb emulator , i already put question here , but no luck yet, seem very easy for experts but as a new learner its bit hard for me, can you point me is it possible how to do that ?? here is thread link

help appriciated , thank in advance.

how to modify menu location of STB emulator pro,

• Thanks for patch, ask please this guy if I can embed it onto new imageupdate so the block will be disabled by default :)

• I received this patch to fix blocked portals for all mag devices in a PM

can`t test it myself, but could be useful to other members

if someone could test and provide some feedback it would be great

Thanks for patch i'll test it and provide feedback soon.

There's some issue with MAG250's firmware it's not compatible with device. I also tried to reverse engineer it and repack firmware but same issue. so in final concision there's some issue with MAG250's firmware ( particularly in rootfs).

• Sorry but i can't help you with that.

• kalpesh it was myself who contacted master G with patch.

it was passed to me from a guy called CRACKERZ.

not sure were the patch originated from.

i have invited the guy above to come to this forum,still waiting on reply.

Thanks for inviting CRACKERZ. I'll support as much as I can for MAG patch.

• kalpesh it was myself who contacted master G with patch.

it was passed to me from a guy called CRACKERZ.

not sure were the patch originated from.

i have invited the guy above to come to this forum,still waiting on reply.

If you will get any info, let us please know when CRACKERZ will join in Linuxsat Support because I want to ask him several questions about patch.

• sorry for late reply,been smothering with a bloody flu.

i gave him the details so not sure why he delayed getting onto the forum.

maybe he just dont want to,i know he is up to his eye,s doing other things.

im very suprised there is not more info on the patch.i myself was giving a link to the guy who initially developed the patch but he since removed his post but all the replys are still there and i think he replies to some questions about the subject.

hope link below helps guys.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IPTV/…utm_source=reddit-android

i had forgotten i saved the link to my desktop....:fingers crossed:

• Thanks for the post I'll test provided details in this weekend.

• Thanks for link, for other interested people there is an instruction how to do patch on your STB in a quick and dirty way (taken from link):

1. Disable autoupdates because they might restore lock. Do it before you take the box online (the best option is to disable temporarily any Internet connection and enable it when ending guide, leave only local network to use SSH)
    2. Check if you have access by SSH, if no, than flash public Infomir image from soft.infomir.com which has enabled connection by default.
    3. Enter SSH and do following commands:

Code
    echo 127.0.0.1 mag256.dcbs.infomir.com >> /etc/hosts 
    rm /mnt/Userfs/data/dls.backup 
    reboot && exit

It will deny requests to Infomir database of blocked portals, replace mag256 with the model you have (e.g. mag254). The "dcbs.infomir.com" contains this database and prefix with STB model gets request of and redirects to particular table for each device. The "dls.backup" may contain offline cache with list of already blocked portals or some instructions for this mechanism so we have to remove it in case.

4. After rebooting wait some time and reconnect STB to Internet to check.

Wysłane z mojego LG-M250 przy użyciu Tapatalka

• Hello I quite new to this. I have downloaded the zip file NOBLOCK and successfully updated my mag 322. however the icon "portals" is not there anymore and I cannot enter the portal url. Any advice?

• Hello I quite new to this. I have downloaded the zip file NOBLOCK and successfully updated my mag 322. however the icon "portals" is not there anymore and I cannot enter the portal url. Any advice?

hey fluxia, please download firmware from here. And follow steps from

Then it should works.

• Thank you very much ! Only I am struggling to find information on the web about how to access SSH . (I have just found that I need Putty .. I will give it a go...)

UPDATE: I have installed Putty and managed to access SSH but I get this message:

BusyBox v1.21.1 (2018-09-12 11:53:42 EEST) built-in shell (ash)

Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

# echo 127.0.0.1 mag322.dcbs.infomir.com >> /etc/hosts

# rm /mnt/Userfs/data/dls.backup

rm: can't remove '/mnt/Userfs/data/dls.backup': No such file or directory

#

and when rebooting I still do not see the portals icon . I have attached a picture to show the issue.P_20190129_224608.jpg

it should really look like this:

Capture.JPG

Edited 3 times, last by Fluxia ().

• Hi have a strange issue with a mag 254 when i press menu button on the remote it shuts down the device, and device needs to be unpluged to get it working

Have tried doing a factory reset but did not work any ideas to what this might be?

• Hi have a strange issue with a mag 254 when i press menu button on the remote it shuts down the device, and device needs to be unpluged to get it working

Have tried doing a factory reset but did not work any ideas to what this might be?

It's firmware related issue. Do you have SSH access on mag254?

It's firmware related issue. Do you have SSH access on mag254?

Never done it before but have basic knowledge of putty with enigma2 devices

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!