moving card to PC

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 744 times. The last Post () by hs5424.

• Hi All,

My bedroom VU+ duo which was running my 0b01 conax card is on is last legs so I decided to run it in my PC. I have an Omnikey connected to the PC and copied my oscam reader configs from my VU to my PC. I thought that I would just need to change the protocol and devise to get it running, but how wrong I was. Here is the config that I tried.

[reader]

label = NC +

protocol = pcsc # ( tried newcamd also)

device = 0# ( tried 1,2 etc )

RSAkey = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

caid = 0B01

mhz = 500

cardmhz = 368

group = 1

emmcache = 1,3,2

detect = cd # ( not sure about this at all )

ident = 0B01:000000

emmcache = 1,5,2

saveemm-u = 1

saveemm-s = 1

saveemm-g = 1

auprovid = 000B01

This works in my VU duo no problem. When I run the oscam usb scan option in the Web Interface the omnikey shows up. Oscam reader will not show any info from the card.

Anyone any idea please.

• Hi Codar,

I think you are correct about the omnikey drivers. I ran a command to install drivers and pcsc tools. Hope this is correct. Now when I run pcsc scan I can see information about the omnikey and it tells me that the card is inserted. I am running ubuntu 16.04. I think that I am closer now . Just need tho get oscam reader config correct.

Also, when I use protocol = pcsc in oscam config the reader will not show up in oscam UI. When I change to protocol = newcamd it shows up but shows no card info.

Edited once, last by hs5424 ().

• [reader]

label = pcsc1

description = Tivusat

protocol = pcsc

device = 1

autospeed = 0

cacheex_allow_request = 1

caid = 183D

boxkey = ######

rsakey = #####

ecmwhitelist = 91

ecmheaderwhitelist = 80308ED387,81308ED387

detect = cd

nagra_read = 1

ident = 183D:000000,005411

group = 1

emmcache = 1,2,2,0

blockemm-unknown = 1

blockemm-g = 1

lb_weight = 500

dropbadcws = 1

auprovid = 00183D

This is my card setup with pcsc reader but I think your issue is with pcsc driver

• Thanks for the replies.

I originally built the server using the simplebuild method on this site. I upgraded the server recently to ubuntu 16.04 but did not need the omnikey until now. If I run pcsc _scan it reports the card ( conax ) details so I presume the omnikey is operating correctly ????. The reader will not show up on the oscam interface when I set protocol = pcsc. When set to protocol = newcamd it shows up in the interface but will not display any card details.

• Have you tried the reader in all USB ports ?

Have you built oscam with pcsc support ?

Open webinfo and it should read something like this at the bottom.

• OSCam: 1.20-unstable_svn Build: r11425 Compiler: i686-linux-gnu-libusb-pcsc
  • Hi Artorius,

Think you have pin pointed my problem. Forgot to look at the simple stuff. My oscam web interface has this at the bottom

• OSCam: build-audi06_19-svn1.20 Build: r11431 Compiler: x86_64-linux-gnu

so looks like I have the wrong build. Question is now is there any simple way of correcting my pcsc issue.

UPDATE,

I have tried manually installing oscam 11273 with pcsc , set to 755 and named it oscam but original r11431 remains on web interface.

Edited 2 times, last by hs5424 ().

• UPDATE.

Working now OK.

Killing oscam worked and allowed me to get the proper oscam pcsc version working. I think I had a similar problem in the past when trying to update oscam .Thanks for that suggestion Artorius.

Also thanks to Codar for your offer to help me out via team viewer.

Keep up the good work.

• Tried that bud but no joy.I tried leaving my linux box running mgcamd on tvp1and enabled au=1 and au=reader label on server. I might go with my original option and use my old vu and pop card into it once a month.

Here is what my configs look like.

###server ###################

[reader]

label = NC

protocol = pcsc

device = 0

caid = 0B01

rsakey = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

detect = cd

mhz = 450

cardmhz = 368

ident = 0B01:000000

group = 1

emmcache = 1,5,2,0

blockemm-unknown = 1

saveemm-u = 1

saveemm-s = 1

saveemm-g = 1

auprovid = 000B01

#########################################################

box in bed running mgcamd

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 60

CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000

CWS = server IP port user paswd 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 lan newcs

##################################################################

#mgcamd.cfg

M: { 01 }

C: { 01 }

A: { 01 }

U: { 01 } 0x12c0

T: { 00 }

G: { 33 }

N: { 07 } 5 30

K: { 10 }

Q: { 600 }

P: { 03 }

O: { 00 } username password

S: { 03 } 80

L: { 00 } 192.168.1.123 8025 /tmp/mgcamd.log

E: { 15 }

H: { 07 }

R: { 00 }

D: { 01 }

B: { 06 }

F: { 00 }

Edited once, last by hs5424 ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!