VU+ Remote Control Button Program

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,356 times. The last Post () by m1nz.

• Hi. I have purchased a new QLED TV which comes with Samsung one smart remote. I have the control working for the VU+ solo 2. When I press the up button on the VU+ Remote I have set it to show the favourite list but I wanted to find out if I can change the down button key to use as exit button to exit menus etc. I don't see the option in the user interface buttons menu. This will then work the same on the Samsung one smart remote.

• That is not really possible.

You can define buttons to do certain tasks - openatv(hotkey), openvix(buttons setup) but you are defining the action when on the main tv screen.

i.e you have already set up to open favourites from the main tv screen.

All the other screens, whether that be menus, setup etc, are individual screens. It is inside each of these individual screens where the seperate code is determining what happens on certain button presses.

for example on openvix menu.py component. You would have something like this.

If "ok" is pressed do okbuttonclick function as defined in that class.

If "cancel" or" menu" is pressed self close, as defined in that class.

if a number keypad is pressed do the keynumberglobal function as defined in that class

etc etc

You could actually add in here the correct action mapping and add a close function. But it is pretty faffy. You would have to do this for every screen you wanted to change. And that would mean downloading the uncompressed python file from github, learning how to make your amend. Upload new file to your box.

Also if you map the down button to exit, how do you scroll up and down in the menus????

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!