Western Satellite forum for different emu's

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 808 times. The last Post () by kenno.

• Hi. Great site. I know it is predominantly European but I'd like to suggest a support forum for those "across the pond".
    Many of us have existing C band dishes that are easily brought back to life and with the Linux receivers available out there, it's getting fun again.
    I've only been back into this for a few months but the support from members here is simply amazing
    Thanks!
    What do you think?

• Official Post

I think its a great idea. We`d be more than happy to improve support for you guys in any way possible.

Give us a few suggestions on which kind of forums you would like created and we can go from there.

We could also do with someone moderating and promoting that forum, so if your kind self or anyone else is willing, please do not hesitate to contact me in private.

• Since I started this. A forum for this topic I think would be a real help.
    I've only been into this hobby for 3 or so months and from the help of a few members here have gained a lot of knowledge.
    But my history goes back to big dishes with hand cranks and 24 analog channels per sat. And recently 'donations' and 'subs' on ku.
    Enough of that.

A setup thread would be nice. There are a few sites on the 'net that cover these things. Keeping it all in one place would be nice.
    Because folks may tend to get a bit overboard through frustration, a moderator is needed. Someone to assist in cooling off hot heads.
    We need to share knowledge to learn from each other. No question is stupid. No answer should have knives attached.

Definitely an emulator thread. I don't know if the European members here know it. What works over there also works over here. To an extent.
    I've read the Oscam wiki. Not much is really granulated with examples for the average Joe getting into this to make understanding the workings of it easy at all.
    I've seen here several times (and recently) a configuration posted that a kind member gives to to others. Plug it in, it works.
    I need to tear the configs down to figure them out. I'd like to know how to do these things myself to troubleshoot and share with others.
    FTA here is limited. At least for C-Band, which I have setup. Ku Band on the same dish is next.

I have no idea what or how many different receivers guys on our side of the creek use. A receiver section is needed with the different flavors of Enigma2 and plugins that work, steup, configs....etc.

And a book keeper. I see too many forums with obsolete posts for things past that have gone their way. And duplicate subjects because there aren't stickies detailing what everyone keeps asking over and over.

I'm hoping others viewing this could pipe in as to what we would like, and if anything I suggested isn't really needed.

• Official Post

Like all those suggestions....

Perhaps also a section of what channels are active on what satellite too ??

Your pretty active mate, and so i would suggest that you moderate it, like master G said a few posts up.

• I am checking in to see if anyone has a working softcam key file for any of these sats ( 87w thru 135 w ). The key file I am using now works great on 99w AFN 100 %, 101w audio only, 125w a few channels work, the rest mostly audio. 127w a few channels work, audio on the rest. I have a softcam key file

( it receives all the channels on these western sats ) I exported it from a non enigma box I uploaded it into my receiver (octagon 8008) it failed badly even AFN did not work lol. I received multiple errors in that log file, such as non working key and hex errors. I am hoping to find a good key file from here.

Thanks,

K

• kenno. I took your file and instead of transferring it to my receiver, took identifiable chunks of it and pasted it into my keys file.
    I did get some new channels. BTW, how is the one I gave you? I take it you're not running stream relay.
    I don't remember if I sent just the keys or the config directory. What version of oscam are you running? OSCam r11439 here. Get back to me.

• Good morning all,

@supwiddis I am running r11439 as well, i dont use stream relay..you key file opened a few more audio only channels on 101 and 125. We are getting close.

williamgilles I am in the US.

So, audio channels? Channels that should get video too?
    I think it's time to post logs and configs in the oscam forum if you already haven't.
    Have you side by side compared my key flie and configs against yours?
    Tell you what. Click a channel with audio only. Post the sat and tp. Grab a chunk of live log and let's put them up for comparison.
    "They" cant do much if they can't watch the same channels as we can. But maybe looking at what does and what doesn't work can help.

• Sorry I was not very clear, what I was trying to say was the channels I originally was just receiving as audio only. I replaced my key file with your key file I can now fully receive those channels. I will try to compare the 2 files as you have suggested .

Thanks again

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!