News regarding PurE2 - updates, problems and so on...

There are 837 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 73,859 times. The last Post () by electron112.

• Or install it from PurE2 Plugins and it will be created... ;)

I don't use Ncam, m8. OSCam Emu is all one needs... :)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• OKI, new drivers for H9 series and - YEAY, now it is working much better (if not perfectly)!!! :) Tested in H9S tonight...

Fresh image, still hot, under the hammer... :) Set it up in Flash only, nothing downloaded except sat TV channel list and Kodi!

KODI TEST - streaming and playback

Streaming worked! Live TV Serbia finally worked well! It is all behaving pretty well, fast and solid with Live TV and films!

I played a film from my NAS (NFS) (Sherlock H. 2011)... going well! (Btw, from my laptop (CIFS) - nothing worked... Dunno why yet)...

However, anyone having issues with subtitles? If one changes A-V settings during the film and saves those as default - it is not saved. When you come back again for another film - you must do it again.

One chooses a subtitle from a folder and it is not playing. Download them - it is not playing. I tried many, many!

When one downloads subtitles the film is in pause mode, not moving. Must press play/pause button once or twice to start the film again. Then, EXIT button to "lose" the graphics.

DVDs

Collins in Paris DVD is going but probs with menu (no video). Press NEXT CHAPTER and it starts, both video and audio. Choppy sound, sync issues here and there but it is going! Better! I press STOP button and exit but the DVD is going on, until I choose something else to play... All DVDs I tested are like that. Menu must be fixed and commands are "not respected". But it is going! We are getting somewhere!

Paco de Lucia's DVDs were playing!!! Very cool!

Bebe Mais DVD: both A & V worked and chapter seeking worked in it, like WTE said!

It's a bit haphazard, some work, some don't but there is a considerable improvement now!

Other videos are generally OK, all sorts of formats, going pretty well! Some do not give me video but I suppose any kind of crazy codecs are out there...

Strangely, the whole Babylon 5 series and films are without video, only audio...Luckily, I have 2 different copies of it, so mkv's worked... Sorry, it is too late to start checking codecs one by one...

A film and a concert recorded from satellite a few years back, in .ts format also did not work... But the newer recordings in the same format - did work well!

In conclusion of this part...

It seems new drivers and whatever else they did - is working! Much better now!

Exit from Kodi > black screen, must restart E2... No go! Full Restart > then it works... Another bug?

Now, I turned to "Script to move it all to mSD card"...

I shall continue tomorrow, with playback using the internal player... :)

(Finally, a breakthrough!!!:laugh1: YES!!! :rasta2bigsmoke0gf1::thumbup:

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• While we wait for Franc, maybe this will work to delete your EPG file: first install Dream-Explorer plugin from Plugins > Extensions.

The: MENU > Plugins > Dream-Explorer > (I direct/put EPG to USB stick) navigate to epg.dat file > red button (delete)... ;)

• Official Post

FrancHR

Would appreciate the ability to download to HDD with your FNC streaming plugins (BTW they are great)

Also there appears to be an issue when launching kodi on the VU Duo 4k, i have seen some new commits to the issue on git hub

TIA

• While we wait for Franc, maybe this will work to delete your EPG file: first install Dream-Explorer plugin from Plugins > Extensions.

The: MENU > Plugins > Dream-Explorer > (I direct/put EPG to USB stick) navigate to epg.dat file > red button (delete)... ;)

I try it does not work but there other way but also hard work by using Telnet entering command

init 4

deleting epg.dat from /media/hdd/

entering commands

init 3

and Save epg.dat to /media/hdd/

but like I said before it really hard work for just deleting one file

• Luminx, what happens when you are in Dream-explorer plugin and you navigate to epg.dat, then you go to it/chose it and press the red button?

Why is it not working? This is how I delete files I no longer need and it does work, generally speaking...

Unless one must stop E2 first, to delete epg.dat, as it may be in use...

In that case, switch off STB, enter it via FTP (FileZIlla) and delete it...

• Hi folks , I'm having an issue on pure2 where all my plugins are storing to flash and on my plugins page it's showing 87mb , I have a 1tb hdd mounted , I've tried turning automount on and off and tried mounting a second storage device but plugins are still saving to flash. Any help is appreciated

• Open a new thread, m8 - and give us lots of relevant info, much, much more than now... ;)

Edited once, last by gorski ().

• New PurE2 update (via SW update) brings updated oscam-emu and latest OSCam Emu: another hash mode is now supported!

• I asked about adding and didn't get a reply even showed them the commits other images use, sadly with it being closed source with githup not updated I couldnt make a pull request.

[hide]

https://github.com/davesayers2…754743e7e2287411c135436cf

[/hide]

just use line66 and line 88

Edited 2 times, last by dsayers ().

• After online SW update, please go to MENU > Plugins > Estuary config and press GREEN button to confirm/reactivate your settings for the default PurE2 skin, Estuary.

After restart your old skin settings should be back... :) I just asked Franc about the behaviour and he said it is normal, so one must do that after the SW update...

• In H9S:

root@zgemmah9s:~# opkg install gstreamer1.0-libav

Package gstreamer1.0-libav (1.14.4+git2193+5031141-r0) installed in root is up to date.

Crash again:

Capacity of LAN card or processor or both or something completely different?

• Official Post

New drivers implemented into VU duo 4k image to fix the "timer" button, thank you

However there is an issue on pure2 with timer button, while it now works it also pauses the channel:chuckle:

I replaced keymap.xml @ usr/share/enigma2 with the atv version and problem solved

would imagine a small typo somewhere, anyways file attached

Also the problem with launching kodi is still present on the duo 4k.... if/when the team has a chance

Still my favourite image, thanks all

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!