News regarding PurE2 - updates, problems and so on...

There are 837 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 75,100 times. The last Post () by electron112.

• So, some news, fresh from the presssssss(still sizzlin')... :rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

Whomever has problems playing certain channels/streaming/playback - please, see here for more details:

BBC iplayer and ITV player

"Pure2 has switched to ffmpeg 4.1.1 and gstreamer 15.2.xx ,so perhaps it is good idea to keep Pure2 version of ffmpeg in the image. No idea what is happening on the E2iPlayer server." (Delfi)

Moreover, in FNC media players:

"... most film plugins are updated!

http://pur-e2.club/OU/images/index.php?dir=Plugins/

Amongst other things in change log:

-some plugins can change the player now, like YIFY-FNC can do it via the menu, while others, Like Plass, Filme, Serien... in cfg.cfg file" (Franc)

Soooo, as ever with PurE2: the best option - is to have options! And PurE2 is the best in precisely that! Giving users options aplenty to make their PurE2 - their own, to serve their needs/wants/preferences, i.e. the greatest malleability while having the highest quality usability!!

AMEN!!! :laugh1:

:cool1:

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• From Terrajoe:

"We updated ffmpeg to version 4.1.3. It not possible to do a simple SW update..."

So, please, USB flashing is necessary, get the latest image and flash your beloved machine with the latest PurE2 via USB stick...

http://pur-e2.club/OU/images/index.php?dir=6.2/

Good luck!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• now I have for one week tried to backup without results I get them this error first this one

error miss file backupstick.txt or backupstick

and then this

kernel dump error please flash your kernel new and backup again

• C'mon, Maho...

There are many guides for this on the net, just scratch the surface... Not difficult at all: make the backupstick.txt file and place it on your USB stick, then try to backup whatever you want....

But in this case, given the problems, just do it all from scratch... No backups - full or partial, simply do it all from scratch. It's good to do it every so often as errors accumulate...

When all is functioning, THEN do a backup, full or partial, when you are happy how it all functions...

• gorski

What's the chances of Inputstream.Adaptive being compiled and added to this image ? Its really required these days now as most things that are worthwhile having are using DRM. But it seems that the mainstream image Devs, as usual are not interested in what users need. Once added together with the necessary libs, its not too hard of a step to be able to call upon the Binary from within E2 plugins as well as from within Kodi. If the Pure E2 Devs do truly wish this new image, so be at the forefront of cutting edge developments, then Inputstream.Adaptive has to be included. Ive managed to compile and add it to my ATV image and it does work, but only when using VideoPlayer which is crap. It refuses to work with Exteplayer3, GSTPLayer or Mediaplayer.

By the way, your info about Iplayer is incomplete. Iplayer does indeed work from the E2 IPTVPlayer as you stated, but only for Live BBC programs. No catchup will work, even when using GSTPLayer, simply because the link extraction is broken within the public version. SSS has however fixed this in his Private version,as have we in a different Private plugin I have.

• Ian, I have no clue but I passed on your suggestion to the coders and we'll see... (Sorry, I do not know if you are in a team, m8?)

Maho, as I said, if things are not working, then flash anew, set it up properly and when everything IS working fine - then do a backup.

Yes, Jens, for various reasons, different things are getting protected nowadays. Sometimes it's vanity, sometimes insecurity, sometimes past hacks, sometimes commercials get your stuff and make money but leave you out completely and complain to you about the state of your coding on top of that, sometimes (old, big) teams who have their images completely open do have stuff that is not open source and they do not give it away but trade for other things, so you are left at a disadvantage, sometimes...... Have a pick, there are many reasons, some of them perfectly understandable... PurE2 coders, though, send their achievements to the public arena, one way or another, I assure you... From Yocto layer for Alien1/2 (SH4), to plenty of tools for the platform, to Kodi integration with E2, to motor fixes, to Root2mSD/USB, to.... ;)

Good luck to us all!

• gorski

1) What's the chances of Inputstream.Adaptive being compiled and added to this image ? Its really required these days now as most things that are worthwhile having are using DRM. But it seems that the mainstream image Devs, as usual are not interested in what users need. Once added together with the necessary libs, its not too hard of a step to be able to call upon the Binary from within E2 plugins as well as from within Kodi. If the Pure E2 Devs do truly wish this new image, so be at the forefront of cutting edge developments, then Inputstream.Adaptive has to be included. Ive managed to compile and add it to my ATV image and it does work, but only when using VideoPlayer which is crap. It refuses to work with Exteplayer3, GSTPLayer or Mediaplayer.

2) By the way, your info about Iplayer is incomplete. Iplayer does indeed work from the E2 IPTVPlayer as you stated, but only for Live BBC programs. No catchup will work, even when using GSTPLayer, simply because the link extraction is broken within the public version. SSS has however fixed this in his Private version,as have we in a different Private plugin I have.

1) Could you clarify a bit in English, for some of us who are not coders, please? I am sure that Delfi and co. will understand but as for the rest of us... ahem... we need a bit more plain lingo info... :rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

I can assure you that our coders are interested in what the users have to say. Or coders like you - for instance, knowing Delfi, this one would deffo be tickling his little grey cells... or fancy... or whatever goes into putting your nose where no one else dares... :laugh1:

After all, PurE2 is giving our users the most malleability of any image I am aware of, from the skin, to Device Manager, to choosing a player even within our own special FNC plugins and onwards... So, users are at the forefront of what we do, the most on the scene, at least from what I can tell...

2) Yes, I have tested it carefully, found that Live channels do work, after all, if one does certain things, which I described, plus I acknowledged that the rest does not work, in the relevant thread re. BBC iPlayer etc. I also found out that in Kodi under PurE2 even the "catchup" part is working. Have you seen it? Have a look, please... I even put the link to it in the post no. 141 above... ;)

• Basically Gorski Inputstream.Adaptive is a Binary that handles DRM protected streams. Its used in Kodi to perform this very purpose for addons such as Amazon Prime and Netflix, but more recently even Eraknaphobia's NBCSN addon has even started using it as well as the USTVNOW addon. Anything that's worth having really needs it. Its written by Peak3d and is a part of Kodi 18.xx builds as standard. It can and does work in Kodi 17.xx builds such as we use on our E2 boxes, but it has to be compiled by the user themselves. No such builds exist for the MIPS architecture, But builds for the Raspberry PI will work on ARM7 boxes. ( Ive proven this myself by successfully adding it to my ATV 6.3 image ) however, it needs to be integrated properly into E2 by image Devs in order to get it to work correctly with existing players, such as Exteplayer3.

My fear is that when Kodi 18.xx finally does come along for E2 this important Binary will be ignored and I was asking if your image Devs had any plans to either compile it for existing E2 Kodi versions or to include it in any new 18.xx E2 Kodi builds. If they do then I and many others too I expect, would switch to your image in a heartbeat.

Ian.

• Official Post

ian1095 in theory with DRM enabled and a kodi 18 build for e2 we could have netflix or amazon prime on our e2 boxes ??

Trying to see the end goal here..... nice to know you got it working of sorts, nice one:thumbup:

• Yes exactly that, we could, at least in theory have those and many other things too.

I've successfully gotten the NBCSN addon using DRM protected streams to play with Inputstream.Adaptive on my Solo4K box as well as BBC Iplayer DASH too. However, as I stated, it will only work using VideoPlayer which is pretty much exclusively for movies and DVD's so it constantly stops and freezes. It truly is a poor player for live streams. So it needs proper integration into E2 images by the image DEV's. Rather than just compiling and building and then adding as I have done.

• lol, what do you think ?

I've been pushing them for years, but as usual nothing at all from them. I tried with Pli too a few years ago as well.

Hence me now asking Gorski about this new image and if they have any plans regarding this.

• Not that I know of but never say never...

(OpenPLi?:shocking: Seriously?:head banger: Gimme a break!:laugh1:)

• Hmmm, some issues with the latest images... ServiceApp, Exteplayer3, no audio on some HD channels, BSODs when trying to change ServiceApp Exteplayer to default and so on...

To my mind, right now, if you haven't updated your PurE2 - don't... Wait a bit, please...

Some things need to be looked into, methinx...

• I have tested many different usb and hdd

I managed to backup but when I did

flash to the second box the transmission gets stuck on% 97

and I get this error

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

page cannot be displayed

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!