News regarding PurE2 - updates, problems and so on...

There are 837 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 74,339 times. The last Post () by electron112.

• Yeah, I already did and the answer I got was:

"2 partition is upgradable. Think of it like a partition manager, then flash on line whatever"

:)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Hello,

First time to try Pure2 6.2 latest image for Vu ultimo 4k.

1. problem when i select from system->front display panel ->FP settings i Have blue screens!!

i change the skin, reboot,,,,, can anyone help?

2. how can i install kodi? what ver is supported?

3. Any skin suggestion?

Thanks

• Vu does not support us, so not very high on our list of priorities, sorry...

BSOD? OK, stay away from those parts of the system, then...

Don't change the skin, don't mess with important stuff.

All is in our feeds (Plugins > green button)...

Read in detail here, in our section...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• OK, yet another little coup by PurE2 Team... :cool1:

gorski could you request the team to include in feeds xupnp and udpxy.

This was not easy to compile but - as ever:thank_you2: - PurE2 is the most resourceful team around... :rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

Delfi:

On the one hand, udpxy is in PurE2 feeds.

On the other hand, xupnpd is not a simple matter, in terms of making a recipe.

Maybe it will be useful but the settings must be done over telnet and via FTP:

http://xupnpd.org

Anyway, it'll be in our feeds in a few days but...

And don't forget to buy the team a beer, from time to time, it's good for one's soul... :beer1:

• All the credit goes to developers!!! ;)

• Well, some time has passed (due to team's other obligations) since this thread was updated...

In a nutshell these are, perhaps, interesting items:

1) Zgemma HiSil H9combo new (3rd stage) bootloader, partitions and recovery, drivers for CI fixed

2) Octagon SF8008- new drivers and libs (weekly), subtitle fixes

3) AX60/Mutant60 new (3rd stage) bootloader, recovery and partitions

4) Dinobot new drivers

5) Giga4k new drivers

6) Misc fixes for E2

7) New utilities in the feeds

8) Probably forgot to mention a lot of stuff

~~~~~

As per 1) and 3), one should unzip a file from Recovery directory, on a FAT32 USB stick and copy the latest PurE2 *.zip image as well (do not unzip the image file, only recovery). Flash the recovery image as needed per box (HD60 side button, H9combo front button) and try to have fun. Once the new x stage bootloader/recovery is flashed, you can flash the image.

2) USB reflash (not online) is needed as well to install new recovery.

6) There is a new mode to show a Zap History, now preset. As epg.dat can be quite large for some users (10-40MB), standard History Zap can take a long time. New option shows just service/channel name. To change - Setup-->System-->Keyboard/RC-->Button Setup--> History buttons mode. Still testing, for now in arm 6.3 only.

Some changes in ImageBackup.YMMV - we do not recommend this option as it could result with obsolete libs, utils, almost everything, that would fail miserably on a simple SW update.

Subtitle code was modified to make happy some discerning users.

7) procrank, udpxy, xupnpd

As repeated before, if you do experience playback problems in some of PurE2 *-fnc plugins, it is likely, that new gstreamer or ffmpeg did not update in a nice way. To be on a safe side, please reflash the image (1st backup system settings).

HDMI CEC for some Vu users - you gotta play with some settings in CEC Menu.

Info by Delfi! :)

• Re. SWAP file

For older, weaker boxes, which may really need a SWAP file go to:

MENU > Plugins > green button > Systemplugins > swapmanager2 and install it > Restart E2.

This Swapmanager2 will make the swap file permanent.

• OK, what I learnt today...

1) Zgemma H7 was on my menu today...

In PurE2: MENU > Plugins > green > Extensions > E2iPlayer installation is enough, as it automatically installs FFmpeg package with it. So, one doesn't need to install the dependencies first. Once you install E2iPlayer - Restart PurE2 and in Info you will see FFmpeg package 4.1.3.

New PurE2 image for v. 6.3 has the new partitioning included. First partition is more than 900MB, the rest is for the second partition...

So, install v. 6.3 by USB stick and then the latest v. 6.2 can be installed online...

Kodi might not work in v. 6.3. It should, however, in v. 6.2.

2) Zgemma have removed the SWAP partition from their new partitioning system in Zgemma H7 series.

In PurE2 one can install Swap Manager 2 from System Apps (see above) and create a permanent SWAP file, if...

3) Updated:

yify-fnc (6.3 in separate directory!)
    filme-fnc
    serien-fnc
    iwaatch-fnc
    imdb-fnc
    e2, feeds

Soon in image feeds, most are already in plugins d-load.

plugins

• P.S. Apparently Delfi put in 256MB of SWAP partition once Zgemma have kicked it out but only in v. 6.2...

• A 256 MB SWAP partition is now in v. 6.3, also (flash from USB stick, version of 27th May 2019 - this is already a fully loaded image with all manner of plugins, tools, huge list of channels etc.):

• Here is a little bug I have noticed for you to check, when you do an online update on a solo4k if wipes out the cables channels stored in my channel list. I noticed this a few updates ago but this time a took a back up of my channel list.

• Actually I discovered that when you do an online update sometimes the updates overwrite satellite.xml in etc and etc/tuxbox folder with a custom version that results in users in regions not captured in the custom xml having greyed out channels.

I would suggest that the two files in etc be pulled by the same feed that has the one in use/share. Indeed it's even so the first time you boot a fresh image, I have resorted to downloading latest XML file using XML update in the feeds

gorski request the developers to maintain or ship the full satellite.xml file in /etc/tuxbox and /etc/enigma2 folders, for the preconfigured channels it's understandable the target market but a virgin XML won't affect the preconfigured channels for your target market

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!