News regarding PurE2 - updates, problems and so on...

There are 837 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 74,335 times. The last Post () by electron112.

• abu baniaz kindly do check, the one in /etc/tuxbox is not the same as the one in /usr/share which is the full and probably latest version, initially to overcome this small annoyance I would copy it over from there to /etc/tuxbox and /etc/enigma2. That was before I discovered XML update in feeds.

The one that ships in tuxbox misses several cband satellite 76.5e, 68.5e and 57e, while 7w and 8w are presented old SATs that have long been updated.

• abu ok I have downloaded latest image and can see by extracting rootfs that /usr/share is a symlink to /etc/tuxbox so am wrong, however /etc/enigma2 doesn't have the file or channels that exists once first setup is done, my guess is whatever dumps the custom German channels also dumps the offending satellite.xml in that folder, I will do a fresh install later and give feedback

• If you do want to install a, say, full motor ch list, from feeds, perhaps it is wise to use plugins section, NOT SW manager. Restart E2.
    In a a case that you want to install IPK or zip by ftp (or similar), it would be prudent to stop E2 (telnet; init 4, ftp or opkg install 'listname'; restart the box)

Usually users do not seem to have problems with this, but, yes, it can happen.

• Well telnet init 4 and copying over my channel list is generally how I do it then init 3 but I find 76.5, 68.5 and 57e greyed out, so as a routine I at times also copy over the XML file overwriting what's there, by the way this only happens to me in pure2 in others I don't have that problem, i.e openatv, openpli, openspa etc which start with a blank channel list though openatv 6.2 starts with the same channel list but all satellites are configurable out of the box, in 6.3 openatv kicked out the custom channel list

• Strange, I'll try too look into it or as per Abu's suggestions try to kick out the default D centric list. What confuses me is that vhannibal or other lists from feeds seem to work fine on my motor. Ok, I can't grasp 76/68/ but otherwise all fine.

If you are doing it manually via ftp, you might try to copy some full (world-wide) satellites.xml to /etc/tuxbox as well.

• Official Post

however /etc/enigma2 doesn't have the file.......

/etc/enigma2 will only have the satellites.xml file if you put one in there. or you use an ipk that is configured to do so. It is a user file, it is not a system file.

I have just flashed pure2 image and allowed it to unpack the defaultsat file, there isn't a satllites.xml file in etc/enigma2

Vhannibal plugin messes around with the satellites.xml file, I cant remember which location though. Are you sure you are not using his plugin/s or settings?

Until Pure2 cherry pick this

https://github.com/openatv/eni…35de9985675247e8816a8a671

You can remove the default sat using this command

init 4 && sleep 10 && rm -f /etc/enigma2/lamedb && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.radio && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.del && init 3

• From my experience of various lists and xml files, plus my conversations with Ciefp, his satellites xml file might be the best one, the most up-to-date one to use. Anyone knows any better ones?

I simply edit his list by removing the satellites I don't use (one can add them, also, of course) and save the changes via Dreamset editor.

I then use Dreambox Edit to send it to the machine.

It never fails, this simple procedure...

For what it's worth...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Official Post

i use ciefp, they are very good and regular updates. I also use ABM for 3 providers and a bit of iptv. An image update where there is an update will wipe the lot out bar ciefp's update. Not an issue in my case as i can update the others easily.

Perhaps an option to enable what you want an image update to actually update would be a good idea ??

• Yes, Jens, a good point:

MENU > Plugins > SW Management > MENU > choose your poison... :laugh1: (see the attached image)

0b3f559c6be165b7a30.jpg

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• No worries, m8, so do I, it goes without saying... ;)

• Delfi/tromo:

"Latest yify-fnc ver 4.5 added for SH4 boxes.

A NOTE for 6.3 users with NTFS USB sticks: use pManager --> Plugins--> Download most used plugins --> NTFS (windows) support.

Although, it seems that Win10 might soon be able to read/write ext4 linux format without special tools."

SoftcamKey FNC plugin now includes a couple of new destinations for the file to be downloaded to, like the CacheEX version of OSCam Emu, guys...

• Franc:

"updated:

yify-fnc (6.3 version in the separate directory!) - fix trailer, etc..

filme-fnc (fix trailer, fix categories, new vip streams...)

serien-fnc (fix trailer, fix categories, new vip streams...)

iwaatch-fnc (fix trailer)

imdb-fnc (fix trailer)

radio-fnc (fix station list; no more limit on 100 stations per category. skin update needed)

http://pur-e2.club/OU/images/index.php?dir=Plugins/ "

• Delfi/tromo:

"Some changes in E2iPlayer. Not all the images are up to date.

We'll try to shift focus to 6.3 except for the boxes that do not work well under 6.3."

I would say that PurE2 E2iPlayer version is now pretty darn well made!!! Probably as close to the original as you can get at the moment...

Moreover...

Delfi:

"Sadly (or gladly, depending on one's point of view :) ), there is yet another update for Gstreamer in 6.2 images (v17.x), therefore, very likely that on line reflash will be needed for 6.2 images dated 1.6.2019 or later. Sorry for the inconvenience."

• From Delfi/Tromo:

"To clarify a bit the difference between

enigma2-plugin-camd-oscam.emu-latest

and

enigma2-plugin-camd-oscam-emu.

The 1st one (latest) has a bit different compile settings and uses the latest oscam source. + a special patch.

The 2nd one (plain emu) is from a patched source.

Sometimes one is better than another, sometimes vice versa, depending on what you use it for etc. etc.

Both have now a testing playground in the following folder: /etc/tuxbox/configTEST

P.S. Currently, the latest is 11520 and the other one is 11518..."

Our new image for 6.2 version will have the latest stable Gstreamer v. 1.17.

PurE2 v. 6.3 will for now, however, stay on Gstreamer v. 1.16.

We'll see how this will develop... ;)

• Check out PurE2 version of E2iPlayer, guys!

Simply download/automatically install it from:

PurE2 > MENU > Plugins > green button > Extensions > E2iPlayer (currently 20p version)!

You do NOT need to download the E2iPlayer dependencies package first, as it will be downloaded automatically!

Restart STB.

Start E2iPlayer and just keep confirming, to get a few more necessary files.

Then, go to E2iPlayer's Settings and setup E2iPlayer properly (Cache, Buffer etc.).

To my knowledge, PurE2 has the best support for it now...

Njoy!!!:rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

• 123 Movies and Watcher are no longer supported, sorry...

Uninstall them, please...

• Delfi, re. v. 6.3 update (reflash recommended, as it is huge):

"Updates to gstreamer and bunch of libs.

In 6.2 there are no such dramatic changes.

Not all supported STBs are ready yet with v. 6.3 but working on it..."

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!