How CHMOD Enigma2 STB??

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,474 times. The last Post () by Arion.

• Hi all;

Bit of a problem launching Kodi. I know from reading that often when Kodi fails to launch you have to delete the hidden .kodi folder and then reinstall or restart Kodi. I have an Octagon SF8008 and Kodi is failing to start. Using my FTP program I unhide the hidden directories but when I try to delete the hidden folder I get a '505 error' and unable to delete tag. It would appear that I don't have the necessary permissions to delete the hidden folder.

No problem. Just go to the folder and CHMOD to 777 or similar. I highlight the info tab and I already have read/write permission. All three categories of owner/group/user show that all three can read/write the folder. And yet when I try to delete it says that I don't have permission. There is a recursive box that I can tic and when I do that everything just times out. The Kodi folder is located by default in the internal flash drive under media media/hdd/.kodi

So I'm kind of at a loss. I've tried different FTP programs and even downloaded some file extensions and tried to do it within the operating system and it simply won't let me. I'm wondering if I have to telnet into the box and execute a command line but to try to telnet from an external computer via SSH it's asking for a password and I have no idea what Octagon sets for a default password. Currently using OpenVix but I've tried other images as well and all of them simply won't let me delete that file. Instead of the whole folder I've even tried deleting the individual user files and same issue.

If I could reinstall kodi but direct it to store it's hidden files on my external hard drive I'd go that route but have no idea how to make it use the external drive for plugins instead of the internal flash drive.

Any of the guru's have any ideas?

• Have you tried the DCC program (Dreambox Control Center)

I use it all the time, and it has FTP and Telnet built in as part of it's program

I too have the sf8008 and have no problems shaking hands with it and my computers

My guess would be to use the password for OpenVix

That being said: most/some images I have used seem to work using Dreambox as the password?

I'm no guru

maybe an abuser......

• Hi;

I did try the DCC program [at work now going from memory] and I think #8 was to delete the folder and it didn't work. I'll look at it again tomorrow. I don't have a problem using FTP into the box as far as the password but I was thinking that the telnet password was probably buried into the firmware by Octagon to keep people from bricking the box. But, I'll try it again tomorrow.

Thanks!

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!