WHICH BETTER " AMIKO A5" OR " DINOBOT U5" ?

There are 42 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,631 times. The last Post () by belastico.

• about android...

Amiko-> uses a version build for tablet which will not let you use Netflix UHD, however the user interface is a lot better than the one from Dinobot

Dinobot -> full android tv experience but the OSCAM sucks balls, and cannot be updated, you can run every apk designed for android with any problem, don't go with the Dinobot 4k + because the storage is very limited.

Enigma 2:

Dinobot is faster and better as of today, can't tell if Amiko will improve tomorrow

• dinobot all the way dualboot great support regular updates, latest android 8 ,lean back launcher is also good what more you can ask

don't lie, tell the true, the best support comes under Enigma 2 only, and this is what Mr. Zhao CEO of Vivant and Dinobot told me: "Test already released for U5mini but that is it. We will skip 8 and start 9 soon"

they are not going to fix anything we have always report to them for android...

and hoenstly at this point I would wait until Jan 20th when Dreambox launches the Dreambox One...

or I would buy a Sony TV with Android and get an E2 box from china...

• why should i be lying i have nothing to do with the vivant or dinobot i am enduser like you ,i have tried many android based box like wetek,mecool etc but to be honest i have found u5pvr to be more flexible ,future proof,advance than other boxes i am talking about the android side ,we have regular updates & as you said yourself that we are getting android pie update which is not possible with other boxes we have to buy a new box instead.

• Everybody can have an own opinion.

For me Dinobot 4k+ or U5 mini are better than Amiko A5. Android works perfect on Dinobot and Netflix is very fast in U5 mini.

Amiko A5 has an advantage over Dinobot, since you can import e2 channel lists. In Dinobot, it's impossible to get an own ordered channel list. Oscam works perfect on Dinobot and Amiko.

Dinobot is built with Android TV and Amiko A5 with Android for tablets and smartphones. You can get running more apps on Amiko A5 but the performance with remote control is not good.

Referent to enigma2, Dinobot works better.

• "Referent to enigma2, Dinobot works better"

Well not in all cases, U5 mini cannot handle DiSEqC 1.1 for some time. So it is useless if your setup needs it (MultiLNB).

A5 works fine with these.

• For me, Zgemma H7S is the best value for money machine on the market at the moment, when all is said and done... ;)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• yes there is a dinobot mini 4k with dvb s2x tuner for multistream

Thanks

I will have my own maybe Friday but i don't know anything about it and i want to know more about this boxes

(1) best Image for E2 / Android and how to install

(2) oscam emu and how to install

(3) how to use Ftp and anything hidden

Thanks again

• PurE2 forum = HDSC gang, with its DL here: dinobot4kmini-PurE2-6.3-20200127_mmc.zip

Most of the help you need is in PurE2 section of this great forum!!!!!

Also, OSCam section > Mario config for PV, by me (a Sticky).

Android I have not yet tested, so...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• We have a section on linux-sat for dinobots under android boxes.

Android TV Boxes

They all pretty much operate in the same way. So Have a read through the dinobot mini 4k and dinobot 4k threads for any potential issues and solutions.

I love my dinobot 4k. Its my primary box. There are a few little niggles, like can be a bit hit and miss reflashing. Online image/android updates take hours and hours to download.

But if you persevere with these minor issues, they a great little boxes.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!