Skin Support - Post questions for all my skins in here.

There are 1,432 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 146,438 times. The last Post () by urie.

• yeah still crashes with standard skin. but it didnt crash with the standard skin when i first set the box up.

its only started crashing since changing skins and now even after uninstalling the added skins and going back to stock it still crashes.

• How have you installed my skin. Via feeds or via IPKs.
    All my skins require the custom components ipk to be installed once first, before installing any of the main skin files.
    I think the feeds version does that automatically though.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• So when did it start crashing, when you installed XE or the skin.
    Like dsayers, I have never used XE plugin. I use my own JediMakerXtream for bouquets or my xstreamity plugin for IPTV
    Maybe XE is making bad bouquets

• i installed XE before first before changing any skins, i checked it all out and everything was working with the various skins that come with vix. i didnt really likke any of them though so then i tried installing yours. it was only after changing the skin it started crashing so i uninstalled the skin but it still crashed on the stock skin.

so past that i thought id ask on here as i thought it was maybe just a vix compatability issue. as its the first time ive used vix.

if you think it should work on vix ill try a fresh flash

• No need to reflash. Most things can be resolved without a reflash. Its just finding the problem.

Do you know how to access the files on your box via ftp or samba

Your bouquet files live here.

/etc/enigma2

The main bouquet file is
    bouquets.tv

that then references any other sub bouquets that you find in that folder.

have a look in that file and see if anything looks broken or unusual.

• And if you are really struggling, I am free all evening, I can teamviewer into your sat box and see what is going on with it if you want.
    Sounds like your a bit new to this game

• cheers really appreciate that. yeah ive flashed boxes and use ftp etc before but apart from changine skins and installing plugins from putty thats about the most ive done.

if your skin should work on the newest vix image im more than happy to try a reflash. can have it back to this stage in 20 mins, its a new box anyway.

I just assumed with it being the first time ive used vix it could be a compatability issue but more likely something has gone tits in the image files

• My skins are designed to work on openatv and openvix.
    There has been no reported issues of late. So I presume they all still work.
    My army of fans would be pestering me otherwise.

• Morning, just wanted to give you an update.

I did a clean flash an reinstalled XE and your skin. After that it was working but then started setting up the view in EPG with picons, number of rows etc and font size. It then started crashing again but I've been able to fix it by changing some settings back on the EPG setup pages.

If your interested I can send you the most recent crash log.

Currently it's working fine though.

Thanks for your help

• carrspaints
    this is the last 720 skin I maintained. Not been updated since 2019 and no idea if it still works with openatv 6.4

Doesn't need separate custom components installing, as they built into the 1 ipk.

Thanks KiddaC - this has sorted my Start H2 on openATV 6.3 out. Well, it still boots now at least - and the EPG comes up! Further functionality to be investigated.

• im currently using slyk 1080 v 1.004 skin

i want to install the latest enigma2-plugin-skins-slyk1080r19_2.13_20191117_all.ipk

can i just install over the top of what i have right now and ill keep all my settings or will i have to set every thing up again

thanks

• Skins don't change settings.

But new slyk 1080 you have to make sure you install the new custom components ipk first. That is a seperate install.

It is probably better to switch to default skin first.
    Uninstall old skin then re-install the new version.

• what is the custom components ipk that will need to install

is it the 3 openvix ipks in the extras folder in your drop box

thanks

Skins don't change settings.

But new slyk 1080 you have to make sure you install the new custom components ipk first. That is a seperate install.

It is probably better to switch to default skin first.
    Uninstall old skin then re-install the new version.

• If you install my skins via feeds, it will automatically install the all the necessary files.

The latest files for slyk 1080 are on this forum if you are manually installing.

Slyk 1080
    *UPDATED* Slyk 1080 R19 (Install - FAQs)

Slyk Q
    *UPDATED* Slyk Q 1080 (Install - FAQs)

full instructions are in those threads

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!