Skin Support - Post questions for all my skins in here.

There are 1,435 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 146,565 times. The last Post () by vu-user.

• cheers sorted that

decided to just do a fresh install of vix as havnt done it in nearly 2.5 years and i couldnt update any further through the box

just a small problem now on the epg page the coloured buttons have changed what they do i now have

red IMDB search

green add timer

yellow epg search

blue add auto timer

how would i get them back to

red options

green recordings

yellow -24 hours

bluoe + 24 hours

• another slight hick up.

on the info bar the picon back ground is white is there any way to change it?

as its playing havoc with my pic ons

ive tried in menu/setup/user interface/settings then changing picon back ground colour but doesnt make any differance what option i pic i doesnt change the back ground colour

• To be honest I just tried this on openatv, and I cannot change the picon bg colour.
    Mine is transparent. If I select a colour its still transparent. Even if I reboot the box.

Maybe something has changed since I last looked at my skins.

What picon set are you using.
    I use sky UK picons as downloaded by e-piconizer plugin.
    Are you in the UK.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• I am currently trying openatv 6.5 and 7.0 and on both the SlyQ skin from this site works (shared-components_1.07 & slyk-a-1080_1.30.2020711) the issue I have is when I install either of the epgplanner-mod_2.0 or epg selection-mod_3.0 it puts the image into a boot loop upon a restart of the box (vu+ solo 4k) I have downloaded fresh copies from the dedicated Sky Q skin page but to no avail. Not sure if these have ever been updated to work above openatv 6.4 or whether the issue is on my box where I am installing on clean images but through openmultiboot on 6.4.

• v3.1 of the openatv mods now on the skin threads

Won’t get a chance to test until tomorrow but thanks in advance and will advise on outcome. 🛏

Update: up early as could not sleep so tested and working as expected. Thank you so much yet again.

Edited once, last by tbe ().

• KiddaC Im testing PY3 on OpenVix and im getting odd crashes choosing on yes/no screens. Attathced crash log is choosing a skin. menu, setup, user interface, skin setup then choosing a skin. This crash happens in various places. I have tried slyk-1080-r19 and v-skin 1080

• dsayers skinselector has not worked on vix for a long time.

openvix uses different element names for this screen.

openatv skin list is called name="SkinList"
    opevix skin list is called source="skins" and a listbox

openatv description text is called source="introduction"
    openvix description text is name="description"

even openvix 5.4 the screen doesn't skin as i think openvix deletes the screen if not compatible. So it just uses a fallback screen.

a3d94fb00bcd11636c6.png

But as I have just noticed a few arguments on openvix github about whether to have fallback screens from iansav and looking through some of the code in openvix default skins nowadays. I wouldn't get your hopes up that my skins continue to be compatible with openvix.

Too many images nowadays all doing their own thing. This isn't much common code any more. And it isn't worth the hassle of trying to make skins universal anymore.

Also if my collection of plugins stop working on python 3.9.5 I won't be updating them either. I am worn out from all this hassle. Every time I think I have finished my plugins, they go and change everything again.
    Its boring working on the same plugins over and over and over again

• That screen is called "messagebox"

in all my skins, for messagebox I have an applet helper code.

<applet type="onLayoutFinish">from enigma import getDesktop, eSize, ePoint

self.instance.move(ePoint((desktop_w-wsizex)/2, (desktop_h-wsizey)/2))</applet>

There is lots of calculations going on there to position and resize the messagebox panel.

From your crash log the calculations are probably the issue and will need wrapping in int(). Buy the looks of above, most are, some could probably be further added.
    Python 2 will makes these integer. Python 3 will make these floats (decimal place).
    ePoint is looking for integer.

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!