Sharing a tuner with another receiver on vix 2.3... possible?

There are 21 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,286 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• hey guys, i currently have a vu+ duo running vix 2.3

i wondered if its possible to share a tuner with a vu+ solo in another room (server tuner)

i think this is possible on blackhole image but can i do this on vix 2.3 image?

cheers

• thanks for the replies guys

i was hoping that vix2.3 would allow me to share a tuner as i have my vix image just the way i like it but i might give blackhole 1.73 a shot

• As Muso says...Remote Channel Stream Converter will do what you need...I've read good reports with usage on ViX!

Install from /tmp as normal and access via Menu --> Setup --> Service Searching --> Remote Channel Stream Converter

Thanks to Rob VDD for the ipk! (oh...i see fogonero has uploaded it here as well, cheers!)

• cheers fella

im sure ill have great fun today testing this :)

• thanks ten below

do i just install that on the server box?

• I would suggest to try the Remote Channel Stream Converter first, because this operates as a local tuner would, where you have access to EPG, synopsis and it also presents itself as a bouquet, so if it works, then it would seem almost like it is a local tuner. Wth the server tuner, it is more like viewing files with a media player, so it won't have the same feel to it. If it works then great, and Sandman suggests it would work fine on ViX, bearing in mind I wasn't using ViX on the client, so this might be why I had the issues. If it doesn't work, then there is the other option.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• @ musogeek & sandman..

i want to try the remote stream converter today.

do i install it on my server or client box (or both boxes) and do the boxes need to be mounted together or anything first?

i just installed it on my server box and it asked for some ip settings which i entered then it read my bouquets but im not sure if i should even have it on the server box?

can you point me in the right direction guys?

would really appreciate it

cheers

• You need to install the plugin on the client box. Enter the details of the server box, and then it will see the bouquets of the server box and ask you to select the ones you want to use.

No need to install the plugin on the server box.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• hi fellas, just to report back my results

i followed musogeek's and sandman's recommendations and am happy to report that the remote stream converter plugin is working beautifully :)

I'm sharing a tuner from my vu+ duo with my vu+ solo upstairs and have full EPG and the picture quality is flawless (standard definition)

Both boxes are running vix 2.3

Phoenix, its not necessary to have the server box in standby to use the client box as my mum is downstairs watching the duo and i'm upstairs watching the solo simultaenously, picture is perfect on both boxes

One things i'm trying to do though is access the duos recordings through the solo, im trying to setup the mount but cant quite get it, here are my settings:

mount using: FSTAB
    active: enable
    local share name: downstairs_recordings
    mount type: NFS
    server ip: 192.168.1.17
    server share: /media/hdd/movie
    use as hdd replacement: no
    mount options: rw,nolock,tpc

duo recordings are stored in /media/hdd/movie and duo ip is 192.168.1.17

i have enabled NFS server on the duo also but when i enter the above settings into the solo i get the little red x beside the mount point

do my settings look correct guys?

any help appreciated

• yes where you have a free tuner fox example in a duo / ultimo there is no need for the server box to be in standby however if all tuners are in use it wont work.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• yes where you have a free tuner fox example in a duo / ultimo there is no need for the server box to be in standby however if all tuners are in use it wont work.

Cheers Phoenix

Could you offer any advice on my mount settings above as I still can't view my duo recordings via the solo

It's driving me bonkers lol

• menu> setup> system> network> network browser >

( not sure of the exact path as my boxes are on ViX 2.4 ) default path on 2.4
    menu> setup> system> network> mounts setup> network browser>

• Finally managed to setup the mount using the network browser as suggested

Thanks so much to all of you for your help

I'm over the moon with my setup now :)

Thi

• blue button> ViX> image manager> green button ( new backup ) make a full image backup of your setup as it is now.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!