PurE2 General Setup

There are 33 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 12,816 times. The last Post () by Mersad_Maral.

• Discussion of article PurE2 General Setup:

PurE2 will be supported by yours truly, the only (or at least the first) person on Earth who previously wrote a comprehensive tutorial for Enigma2, CamD's, CS, streaming, playback and all the worts..

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

Edited 2 times, last by gorski ().

• "Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• From another thread, re. assignment of keys on your Remote Control Unit (RCU)....

PurE2 > MENU > Setup > System > Keyboard/RC > Button Setup > do whatever you want with the buttons... ;)

As if that wasn't enough in Keyboard/RC you have "Extra Button setup" whereby you can do all sorts... Have a look at the screenshots, please...

0) First de-assign whatever is already assigned to a button you want mapped differently. So, choose/press a button, press Channel +/- button to change to the right side of the list, then OK to de-assign it, Save and Exit...

1) Again, simply press the button you want to assign a certain function to (say, ^ button above OK button) and you will see this:

730038c07b8.jpg

2) Then, you find the function you want to assign to it in the following menu and choose it by pressing OK:

44e32a1bf9c6f3081af8.jpg

3) Press the green button to Save it and that's it.

Also, one has menus for different "Keyboards, "Keymaps" etc.

So, remember this: PurE2 is the most malleable image around! The principle of this image is "give as much control to the user as possible"!!! From Estuary skin itself (see Estuary config in Plugins) to Device Manager and onwards... :)

P.S. Additional info and SnackBar plugin for such functions in posts 26/27: PurE2 General Setup

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Yes but as outlined in the other thread.

The estuary skin is wrong for this page as you cannot see what is already assigned to that button.

It needs that main list shortening to make room for the additional selected list.

an example from my onyx skin.

notice the widget "choosen"

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Indeed, this afternoon I talked to Franc and he did tell me that it needs cleaning up, as it were...

Thanx! :)

• As per Kidda's suggestion - Estuary update is now online... ;)

• Picture in Graphics (PiG) setup

"Channel preview" means PiG (Picture in Graphics) - that option we do not have in PurE2's Estuary skin, other than transparency set to about 50% or so in MENU > Plugins > Estuary config...

You can try with another skin - but I do not know if ALL PurE2 specific functions will work with other skins (FNC plugins in particular)...

PiG will be found in:

MENU > Plugins > green button to download more stuff > Skins > choose a skin like

-AX_Blue_FHD_4ATV or

-Aeon_FHD or

-PLi-FullHD), then

change the skin in User Interface > Skin... or

pManager > Video/OSD/Skin > Change skin > confirm the suggested action, to restart E2.

When PurE2 restarts, you must go to:

MENU > Setup > System > Channel Selection settings >

Channel list preview = yes +

Channel list show Mini TV > Yes >

green button to save and then

Exit to go to

Standby menu to

Restart E2.

DO NOT REMOVE THE DEFAULT PURE2 ESTUARY SKIN, as some of its libs will be used by other skins!!!

• There is no need to struggle with PurE2 image in any way whatsoever! :bulb:

Our support is next to none, even if I say so myself! :laugh1:

Proof, in *some* :rasta2bigsmoke0gf1: detail:

General PurE2 setup => PurE2 General Setup

Also, the article => PurE2 General Setup

How to structure PurE2 => How to structure/setup PurE2: mounting devices/partitions in PurE2's Device Manager and what to send where!

OSCam Emu => OSCam Emu Config Mario for all PV providers

Unique PurE2 features no one has, also in terms of FNC plugins (streaming, movies, series and more) => Fabulous FNC plugins by Franc (for PurE2 users)!!!

One of them is the only torrent player ever written for Enigma2 => yify-FNC

These streaming/IPTV plugins demand VPN protection of our boxes => PROTECT YOUR STB WITH SURFSHARK VPN SERVICE

Also, the article => PROTECT YOUR STB WITH SURFSHARK VPN SERVICE

Multiboot in OS mio 4K and Plus models => look up, post no. 4 of this very thread!!!

So, read and do as you read, step-by-step, it's all there... :cool1: :thumbup::beer1:

I rest my case... but only for now...:thank_you2::party-time::thank_you2:

• One more thing I forgot...

Important: CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD AFTER INSTALLATION, using PuTTy (in Telnet protocol, port will be 23):

After installation of PurE2 image your login details are:

username = root (hit Enter button on your keyboard)

password = pure2 (> Enter, as above).

To change the password type: passwd (be careful!)

Now, enter the new password (5 - 8 characters long) of your choice and hit Enter button on your keyboard.

Repeat the password > hit Enter.

You will not see anything happen on the screen, when you are doing this, so BE CAREFUL!!! :beer1:

==========================RCU CAN DO, TOO!!!=========================

Alternatively, by simply using your Remote Control Unit, from the comfort of your armchair/sofa:

in PurE2 > MENU > Setup > System > Network > Password setup > input new password...:rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

• master G

Added the Label Article
  • Hi all,

I also like the Pure2 image for my Vu solo2 but for one reason i don`t use it.

The subtitle color of the image is always YELLOW. I hate that yellow colour.

Have changed the yellow colour from yellow to white in the subtitle settings but no succes.

Can anyone tell me please me how to fix this problem.

• :spit: Oych, that is so easy and ABC in any image, really, so I'm baffled...:chuckle:

You have obviously used a few images already and you haven't seen this in any of them?:suprised:

MENU > Setup > System > Subtitle settings > change the values there, wherever you see yellow... and press GREEN button to save the changes... before I see RED...:rasta2bigsmoke0gf1::laugh1::rasta2bigsmoke0gf1::hello

cdb119a2b8183ba2f831debcb.jpg

• Here, for all who do not know... Just in case... Check ALL the settings...

809d02206b969d.jpg

bce3f6f9f43c7a7b536.jpg

• hi guys need some help here

1st how to use a regular usb keyboard for input text? i attached my usb keyboard and to write something i have to press txt on remote to show the virtual keyboard and type and this not working in all plugins

same keyboard work well with openvix without modifying anythin.

2nd how to change time mode to 12hr not 24hr style

3rd my device ram 2gb but when i see info it said 1500mb only (edision os mio plus 4k)

it said 1500 not only in pure2 btw openatv also but when i tried SatDreamGR its show 2 gb ram

• Relevant memory info can be seen putting in these Telnet commands via PuTTy:

Code
    root
    pure2
    df -h
    free

There is a thread re. the USB keyboard where Franc is talking about it in PurE2 - can't search now, sorry....

Just plugged a mini USB wireless keyboard with a touchpad into my Edision+ (side USB port) > FNC plugins > IMDb-FNC > wrote something to search, pressed OK > all fine > exit button etc.

So, working, generally speaking...

My clock is 24hrs on LED and in PurE2. Time settings are:

EU,

London,

transponder time and

pool.ntp.org.

• I edited the post above, have a look back....

Leave the SWAP alone and don't mess with things you do not understand - that's the short advice.

Is there a problem with memory? No. So, leave it...

Here: New virtual keyboard Plugin with windows layout

• 1st really thank your for helping me and your fast reply wish you a good life

2nd yes no problem with memory XD but i just want to know for understanding nothing else

the virtual keyboard can i make it the default keyboard for everything because if it the default my usb keyboard working good for ex when using xcplugin and want to enter my subscription it use the default keyboard not the virtual one so i cant type anything using my usb keyboard

3rd my clock like yours 24 hr but i said above any solution to make it 12hr pm/am

last thing i hope you can understanding my english i know its bad but im trying

• You must learn about your keyboard, by pressing all kinds of buttons...

For instance:

SPACE => MENU

POWER => ON and OFF

HOME => MEDIAPORTAL

V and ^ buttons => CHANNEL LIST

F1 - 4 => COLOURED BUTTONS

etc. etc.

• Hello, I just met with Pure2 and after struggling with other images several years, my STB back to life again. I love the functions, speed and features of the IMAGE. Is it possible to show selected extension or plugin (eg: KODI )in main menu, instead of in plugins?

Also is it possible to change of items sequence in main menu?

STB : VU+ SOLO2

Image version: 6.5-001

Current skin : BlackShadowSE_P

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!