PurE2 General Setup

There are 33 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 12,812 times. The last Post () by Mersad_Maral.

• How to make our Estuary full HD skin do as you please...

Kodi is present in the list under "Blue button", usually....

Don't rush to change Estuary to whatever you knew before! :)

From my experience it is well worth to give PurE2 default a good go, in good faith.... ;)

One can learn quickly, on the one hand. On the other hand, I find PurE2 default advantageous! I.e. it was done carefully!

One can change the sequence in menus to alphabetical and whatnot but I think this is not quite "it"... Try it for a few days and see....

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• You need to be a little bit more attentive and careful! Learn, read about PurE2 FIRST!!!

Estuary is the most malleable skin, generally speaking! For instance, for volume you have 3 options!!!!

Conclusion: do NOT change Estuary, as your FNC plugins might not work fully!!!

Read CAREFULLY the STICKIES, BEFORE YOU START CHANGING STUFF, the STICKIES are there for a reason!!!

If you do change Estuary I shan't be able to help you, sorry....

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• I found strange issue in Skin setup. Although my current skin was BlackShadow, but when I looked in the Change Skin Menu, current skin shown as Estuary. This surprised me and I attempt to delete two others (Default Skin and BlackShadow) then re-booted. I was expecting to see crash log but voila, Estuary Skin is back. Not is sure it was fixed by luck or something were wrong in initial setup and this delete/re-boot step fixed. Anyway, it is saved me to re-flash the image and reinstall, configure all my plugins, settings, extra etc. :dance:

You need to be a little bit more attentive and careful! Learn, read about PurE2 FIRST!!!

• I think the worst thing to do when starting with PurE2 is to expect it to be like any other image, Estuary to be the same as any other skin, FNC plugins like all other plugins and everything to be the same - even though this is a very different image, skin, plugins and so on!

PurE2, Estuary, FNC plugins etc. - this is all very UNIQUE!!! So, learn about it first, open your mind and heart!

You might love the outcome, once you learn about its advantages and specificities....

Don't run back to the "safety blanket" of "how things used to be"...

Novelty can be exciting and sometimes way better, IF....

To me, all other images, more or less, are the same...

PurE2 is different! And better in a lot of ways!

Check it....

P.S. I am putting this here, just for reference, to have it somewhere safe, to point to, when more attacks ensue... From our devs:

"Regarding PurE2 being closed source, it is a somewhat complicated story, actually it is not that 'closed' but OK.

On the one hand, Enigma2 itself (as a program, not the whole system) is not that dramatic or interesting, more or less it is all the same, but some other things like very low-level (drivers or similar) or very high-level (skins, plugins) are proprietary.

On the other hand, we really contributed a lot to OE-A and Open Source community, either with build systems (SH4 and ARM), drivers and complete stuff from scratch/"zero ground" (Wetek), some misc stuff for HiSilicon or AMLogic (again from zero). They seem to ignore that, but I guess that is OK... :)

Funny thing is that we are not paid for that (or, very often, even mentioned) but that is OK as well.

I hope we can continue to make some users happy."

• Re. the aforementioned WiFi AP mode plugin Delfi made... From what little I know, he put quite a bit of his time into it - hence done with some pride... ;) So a somewhat belayed "announcement"... but hey, better now than never.... :) This is a really nice addition to PurE2 and wider...

Sooo.... say, you have a LAN cable drawn all the way to your STB but you could do with a further extension to your home network, in a wireless manner, to the parts of the house your modem does not cover well with its WiFi capabilities, it's just too far, the walls are just too thick etc. So, use this app, switch it on and you may have a really good WiFi connection in your loft or in your garden, in a bath-tub etc. :)

Here is Delfi's text, since he is the author and I haven't yet tried it...

WiFi AP

Acces Point / Hotspot

Makes most sense on boxes with built in WiFi (osmio4k*, sf8008, ustsym4k, viper4k, etc..)

Works on most of other boxes with added USB WiFi adapter (Zgemma H7, etc)

Low RAM impact and CPU strain.

In the feeds: MENU--> PurE2 plugins --> Setup WiFi AP (enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-wifiap)

Preset Value should work in most cases, if the adapter/wifi device is 5GHz capable or can function in a best mode possible (a very rough guess, with wifi, permutations and surprises are... many), that is a preferred mode.

Due to almost countless combinations of interaction between the kernel and wifi drivers, it is possible to setup non working stuff in "Advanced" mode, so... beware. This is still, sort of beta stuff.

===============================================================================================

Boring Tech notes:

Should work on most boxes like DMMs, VUs, that have some features in the kernel enabled or do not practice some protection via Ethernet iface.

Some USB adapters on some kernels cannot work in AP/hotspot mode. For example Mediatek mt7601u driver does not work, but on a different/older kernel mt7601uSTA might be ok. Similar situation is with once popular Alfa AWUS036H long range based on 8187B wifi chipset. Commercial AP devices and routers usually have custom drivers that work in a one of 2-3 dedicated modes. Sadly, miracles can not happen all the time.

Did not check old rt73, they could make problems as well, besides they need so much power that your PS might not be happy.

===============================================================================================

EDIT: just found old rt73 b+g Asus USB wifi stick lying in the dust, and it works ok on sf8008 as a 2nd WiFi adapter.

New rtl8812AU and similar AC1200 stuff seems to work very nice (again, on some kernels).

In the future release it ***might*** be possible to use active wifi adapter both as a client and an AP, but, again, not many drivers are capable of this.

Therefore, as it is, it makes sense for users that have a box connected to a wire and might need an additional AP.

Due to some tech drama, this is not available for SH4 boxes, but we''ll try to solve it if possible.

Some older chipsets like rtl8182eu used in many boxes (well, depending on the HW revision), might support "n" mode in 5 GHz band. Whether it works in your individual case is, sadly a question of luck. 5 GHz band is probably a better choice due to 2.4 band congestion and speed, but, to really work decently, it needs a clear path between a client and AP, or, at least, multi antennae capability between both, the AP (your box) and client (your phone or laptop).

On the other hand, 2.4 GHz band is usually better with penetration thru obstacles like walls, etc.

================================================================================================

Really boring stuff about the channel choice for your AP:

Some Realtek (and other) devices are nice to suggest a best channel available. This sounds great, but actually it is not really, as these wild guess suggestions are based (usually) only on 20MHz bandwidth, or in the best case 40MHz, alas in some rather lazy mode. If one is curious, a check can be made from telnet:

Code
    cat /proc/net/rtl8192eu/wlan0/best_channel

...and, of course, adjust as per your device.

Usually it makes a senseless suggestion, so --> channel choice is up to you. There are decent apps for smartphones (wifi scanners) that might help you with the right choice.

As always YMMW.

Have fun and may the wifi force be with you.

Edited by gorski...

• This post, m8: New PurE2 v. 6.5 to test - your feedback, please...

SnackBar. I'll attach it....

Then, RC/Keyboard section, to set it up.... I explained it in detail...

• Ehhh...

Install SnackBar ipk file the usual way and restart E2.

Press MENU > Setup > System > RC/Keyboard > Extra Button Setup.

Now, press either >> or << button. You will then see a number of choices...

Choose Plugins section and then go down 'till you see SnackBar, so choose it by pressing the OK button.

Now, press the green button (Save). EXIT button.

EXIT into the channel list and start a VOD film.

Press >> or << buttons and you will see the progress bar on TV screen.

Now, then: use buttons > or < around the OK button to choose how far FF or RW you want to go, then press OK. Magic!

Voila!

P.S. If there is some kind of a function already assigned to a button you want to re-map/change, then first you need to deselect/de-assign the function first, Save it and exit. Go back and now you can do as above, to assign a function the way you want it....

• Hi there.

I have been using the image on Vu+ duo 4k se.

Two things I had problem with is When I install OpenMiltiboot, it does not show up in plugins, it shows some error. but it is installed. I can uninstall it.

The second one is I can't find the option to watch channels on the Mini LCD of the receiver. It usually is available on other images.

Edited 3 times, last by msmmaze ().

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!