[ROM] Custom firmware for KIII Pro DVB-S2/T2/C By Malaysk

There are 46 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 28,771 times. The last Post () by VangelisGi.

• Anyone tried to update oscam.My Intelsat 17 Sony package also not working now. Is the same oscam is available in the 2019 kiii pro version also(March 2019 release)?

• worked fine. but no difference to the usual malaysk mod for me. i dont use any cccam/oscam features so it feels the same. but thanks for your work anyway. maybe i'll find a new feature in it in the next few days :) it's running pretty quick i have to say.

for those who have problems with the update:

do it exactly like in the readme! I had problems with the SD card. i had to delete a partition inside the SD card that windows didnt even show. ans then i had to change the file format from exFAT to FAT32. Windows does not provide this option without struggling.

so download the MINI TOOL PARTITION WIZARD ( https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html ) to get the SD card ready to work.

Then copy the 3 files to it. I renamed the *.zip file to "update.zip" because i never have probloems when i do it like that. and everything worked.

bb563750fbe5.png

Cheers!

• Can someone tell me what this does? I have a K III Pro and wonder if it would give me anything...

• 1. No, its not necessary to upgrade to the latest firmware.

2. This custom rom based on Android 7.1.1

so, the firmware who you has already installed is the same version.

3. Yes, you can install this rom. Just following the instructions on 1st post.

The choice is yours.

Liverpool.png

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

• malaysk too is not big change I export DTV.apk if somone need it please tell.

last coreelec 9.0.1 is nice thanks Hisakatano!! I used with gcam-2.0-emu-r0--ARM_V7 is really better than DTV

Hi,

Do you have for me the DTV.apk ?

Thx.

• my mecool kiii pro is pre-installed with 7.1 2. Would there be any good reason to change to your custom rom.

On my mecool, however I am unable to pair with my audio technica ATH-ANC900BT headset. There is no problem with my AKG-Y50BT. Any recommendation to make ATH work. I try to edit the bt pairing.conf, but it does not help.

On my old minix-u1, it too has the same problem. But works after I upgrade to a custom rom.

• you can lookup the benefits and changes in the release notes of the custom rom. think for yourself if you'd like to try it. It's easy to get back to your stock firmware if you don't like it. so just give it a try :)

i liked it but my tv didnt. screen switched every pixel that was black to purple from time to time. unplug and replug HDMI cable always helped but it was too often and too annoying to do that twice a day. i tried different cables. no changes.

so NOW i switched to another OS. After more than a year of using the KIII pro, i noticed that I don't use it for more than

- Watching movies/streams from Nas and Web

- Listen to music/streams from Nas and Web

- Playing retro games with Dualshock 4 pad (everything from c64 over PSone to n64)

- Listen to radio/webradio

- Watch TV (DVB-S2, DVB-C-, IPTV)

- Looking up the Weather-forecast on big Screen

- Youtube

- Spotify

- HbbTV apps/services

- Establish a VPN connection

*** - Use google assistant to ask something or look something up on big screen (air mouse required)

*** - Use google maps to explore the area around my next holiday destination on big screen (air mouse rquired)

Do you need more than this?

If you don't need the ***-marked things then...

GET coreELEC!

A specially for AMLOGIC chipsets (like a KIII) designed OS, thats based on very latest kodi 18.4.

I can do everything very very comfortable with it. No airmouse needed anymore. just a simple remote with 7 buttons is needed (up, down, left, right, ok, cancel, contextmenu/rightclick).

It can be installed on any Micro-SD card with easy and boots if the card is inserted. So if you unplug the card you standard OS will boot.

It's really really comfortable. And it can do all the things listed above. I have seen not a single popup yet, no advertisment while watching youtube for hours, no annoying updates, no lags, no bugs, no nothing!

try it... downloading and installing it to SD card takes 15 Minutes maybe. It's just 3 steps. The best media-center i've ever seen.

download:

https://coreelec.org/

Preview:

have fun :)

• Hello,

how do you boot from installed microSD card on your Mecool KIII Pro, please? Tried already some steps from coreelec web page help, but without success.

Thanks a lot in advance. :-)

R.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!