Tm-2600 Motor - HowTo-HELP!

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,267 times. The last Post () by russellhearn69.

• Hi Guys,

So I've decided to purchase a TM-2600 after weeks of trying to get my Fixed Dish, LNB Bracket with a Single LNB Pointing at sly and a monoblock 6deg pointing at 13e and 19. It just never wanted to allign no matter how much I tinkered about with it - so in the shed that piece of *** will go.

So after reading, many, many article of you'll be much better off with a Motor I decided to buy one. Struth me, now I am confused. I thought it would be a case of installing the motor and attaching it to the Dish and subsequently the pole and it'll go ahead and do it's magic - it just might do that but with the grief I've had over the past month of so I dont think it's going to be that simple.

I've a
    VU+ Solo - Single Tuner.
    To be Motorised setup one I figure out what elevation I need to set it to.

So is the theory right? If I manually allign the dish to say pointing at sly and configure my STB to be a motor setup will the STB work it's magic with the motor a probe/allight all satelltie automatically?

I believe I need the elevation on the motor bracket is 22 (Surrey/London Area). I will be hard defining the limits on the motor for 30e > 10w.

Regards
    A stuggling Underworld new to the Sat Realm.

• Official Post

So is the theory right? If I manually allign the dish to say pointing at sly and configure my STB to be a motor setup will the STB work it's magic with the motor a probe/allight all satelltie automatically?

Your referance satellite will be thor 0.8W, get the best signal on this satellite and the rest will be found on the arch.

Use BBC World News as the strongest transponder for finding the satellite.

Code
    Thor-5.......................0.8 west 11862H 28000 BBC World
  • Your referance satellite will be thor 0.8W, get the best signal on this satellite and the rest will be found on the arch.

Use BBC World News as the strongest transponder for finding the satellite.

Code
    Thor-5.......................0.8 west 11862H 28000 BBC World

Thanks Master G - theres a West and East Button on my motor will this make any difference tp whcih I set it too, as the satellites I want are on the e-side? So would I just set the botton on the motor to West for first allignment and then trot off to the STB then set it to Simple/Positioner automatic scan?

(PS _ what is the Goto X Function for etc?)

• Hello Underworld

to set up a motorised you must first set the motor to correct elevation on the motor - for you i think that is 51.5 Its marked elevation on the bracket
    Then attach dish to motor ensuring that the dish is aligned to the center of the motor - tighten dish so it doesn't move left and right on the motor but leave elevation of dish loose as you will need to set this once you find the signal.
    Now attach motor with dish to the pole ¬
    Now is slightly more tricky part ! (if you don't have a satellite meter)
    Connect the motor to your receiver ! Don't change any settings just use fixed dish for the time being - Select Thor satellite and BBC world channel(as master G said)
    move the dish and motor by hand on the pole both Azimuth(left and right) + Elevation(up and down on dish=this is why we left it hand tight earlier) until you find bbc world !
    Tighten up dish elevation !
    Finally you will need to move the motor with dish a nats whisker to the left = reason ? because motor will be set to 0(zero) and you are aligned to 0.8 - personly i do this by looking at the signal meter on the receiver showing bbc world ! if you got say 70/80% then move slightly to the left until reading is approx 30/40% ¬ now tighten motor on pole solid - And hey presto you should be on the arc ¬ or there abouts.
    Stick in the correct u.s.a.l.s settings for your location and the check your arc by selecting another satellite !

Hope this helps mate - best done when your not in a rush and with plenty of patience ¬ a very rewarding exercise when you get it right - Dont expect to get it right first time and you wont be dissappointed ! use dish pointer to get an idea of where 0.8 thor is located from your property !

If your still stuck we'll try our best to help
    Good Luck

:rikjaard1:

As a guide taken from the tm2600 manual it states that with 51.5motor elevation your dish should be set to 22.6 elevation(there should be numbers printed on the dish bracket ! its a rough guide but try it as it may save you time moving dish up and down ! personally i never did it that way ! i dont think it can be far off though - Also ensure your pole is perfectly plumb ! beer10

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Thanks for your help. I didn't allign to Thor BBC World in the end as a neighbours tree was obstructing me :(

So set my box to positioner, entered my USALS, set my STB to sat finder to Astra 28.2 and the Motor turned and twisted it's neck. Once it settled I manually physically alligned the dish to Astra with a cheap and cheerful sat meter (6quid), then to test the rest I changed the sat finder to 13e - motor moved and positioned itself and from here I searched the channels. Hey presto - found the channels. I then moved onto with 19e and same again - perfect result. I've had a right result with this motor config. Thanks guys for your support.

• so let me get my head around this cause i am having bother also, if my dish is already pointing at 28.2 and i want to use a new box, do i just enter the usals details then scan 28.2 then turn the motor on and then select another satellite then scan that or am i talking a load of BS?

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!