Enigma2 OpenVPN Guides and scripts

There are 157 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 39,837 times. The last Post () by Sateze.

• I don't know what happened now but it works!

I have tried many different things in parallel and now after many many hours I have received a different IP address.

I will come back to you if necessary.

THANKS

• Afternoon all. I have signed up to Surfshark and copied the vpn username and password from credentials into the generator and copied and pasted into the mac telnet

I received this message from my mac

downloading VPN Manager

Installing VPN Manager

Installing OpenVPN

Downloading OpenVPN Configs

Connecting to my.surfshark.com (172.67.17.41:443)

wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

unzip: can't open /hdd/surfsharkvpn2/tmp.zip[.zip]

mv: can't rename '*.ovpn': No such file or directory

OpenVPN Configs Downloaded Please Start OpenVPN

Please enter your choice:

I then goto into OpenVPN - all config in one folder yes, default dns - yes, openvpn autostart - yes, openvpn resolv - yes, username and password are correct...but cannot see any countries on the openVPN list and dont know if it has been successful.

• Can you try again I've been editing surfsharkvpn script.

If it doesn't work try the following

VPN manager plugin

This VPN manager makes things a bit easier as no need to mess around editing files

You can download the plugin from here

[Plugin] VPN Manager

Install it.

Now download the config files from your provider and send all config files to HDD/vpn create the vpn folder if needed.

Now open VPN manager then menu and set the following settings:

All config in one folder: yes

Save directory is default hdd/vpn

Add username and password then exit

You should be able to choose a country.

For long username and password in terminal openwebife or putty you can use this command just change USERNAME and PASSWORD with your details

cd .

init 4

sleep 3

sed -i '$i config.vpnmanager.username=USERNAME' /etc/enigma2/settings

sed -i '$i config.vpnmanager.password=PASSWORD

init 3

Alternatively edit username and password following this post [Plugin] VPN Manager

• Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com (199.232.56.133:443)

Surfshark.sh 100% |*******************************| 2512 0:00:00 ETA

downloading VPN Manager

Installing VPN Manager

Installing OpenVPN

Downloading OpenVPN Configs

Connecting to my.surfshark.com (172.67.17.41:443)

wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

unzip: can't open /hdd/surfsharkvpn2/tmp.zip[.zip]

mv: can't rename '*.ovpn': No such file or directory

OpenVPN Configs Downloaded Please Start OpenVPN

Please enter your choice:

Just received this message from telnet. Where will the VPN Manager be located?

Thanks

• ok, found the VPN manager in pluggins.

I think I know the problem. I have downloaded the config files from Surfshark but dont know how to add them to the HDD on the enigma box (I am using Macbook and Telnet)

• Menu, plugins, VPN manager. For some reason it's not downloading the configs. Can you download them from here

Code
    https://my.surfshark.com/vpn/api/v1/server/configurations

unzip them and send all files within that folder to media/hdd/surfsharkvpn2

Then try VPN manager

• On terminal try

cd /hdd/surfsharkvpn2

Then

Code
    wget "https://my.surfshark.com/vpn/api/v1/server/configurations" -O /hdd/surfsharkvpn2/tmp.zip; unzip /hdd/surfsharkvpn2/tmp.zip; rm /hdd/surfsharkvpn2/tmp.zip

If it fails where are you downloading the config files from?

• Official Post

I don't have a Mac book to know of any FTP software

Filezilla or total commander will work on a MAC.

• Thanks gents. I have been in touch with Surfshark and informed them that it shouldnt be that difficult to put a VPN on an enigma box using a mac! They have given me a full refund.

I will try Nord to see it thats any easier using the code generator.

• Thanks gents. I have been in touch with Surfshark and informed them that it shouldnt be that difficult to put a VPN on an enigma box using a mac! They have given me a full refund.

I will try Nord to see it thats any easier using the code generator.

There is nothing difficult about it:

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=FTP+app+for+MAC&ia=web

FZC doesn't have a flaw: https://serverguy.com/comparison/best-ftp-client-for-mac/

So, you were at fault, not Surfshark, m8.... Next time don't lose your nerves and use DuckDuckGo or come here!

This is a GREAT forum and all you need is here, already prepared! Some of us made a real effort so this is the case... ;)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Yes when switching vpns you should see the IP address changing on the top right hand box

Morning - no, i get the green ball going round and round and then it stops on full green but do not get any IP address, ping etc.

I uploaded the config files from the link you provided and then transferred them using Filezilla into the hdd/surfsharkvpn2 and when I rebooted the box this is the screen I had - it looks slightly different to the others screens where countries are actually listed, i.e USA or UK rather than in code.

• Which Password/Username do I use? The one for the vpn control panel access or do I have to generate a PPTP/L2TP/SOCKS Username and Password? Trying to set this up with PIA.

PPTP/L2TP/SOCKS Username and Password

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!