after approx. 3-5 hours. from switching off the satellite channel, Oscam in Irdeto requires EMM-init again?

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,707 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• Hello.

set top box : Formuler F3

chipset architecture : mipsel

e2 : OpenATV 6.2

card : Skylink ICE (CAID:0624)

crypt.system : IRDETO

card reader : internal (UNI)

oscam : 1.20_svn, r11487

Does the card lose its EMM records (at least explain it myself) after about 3-5 hours, from the last-watched Skylink channel?

I tried to add another item needsemmfirst = 1 to the Oscam configuration under the internal reader section, but this item did not affect my problem. Means waiting for the first EMM records to arrive when the card is initialized to enable the card to start decoding in IRDETO (to initialize the card).

Sometimes I read that for the IRDETO mode it is necessary to first accept some EMM entries and then the IRDETO card starts (after rebooting, for example). However, why about 3-5 hours after turning off the set top box or of the monitored satellite channel, Oscam stops reading + decoding + writing EMM to the card and it happens that the card suddenly has no EMM? It seems to me that from my layman's point of view, as if the card went into a standby mode - it would lose all its data. And then, after few hours, no EMMs are received, the card must be re-initiated / reinitialized by adopting new EMMs. This takes 10-30 seconds before any new EMM entries arrive to re-initialize the Skylink ICE card. Then IRDETO works the way it belongs.

If I turn off the satellite channel or box and return to the satellite channel after about 1 hour, initialization is not needed. As soon as the channels that I switch to begin decoding without waiting for EMM. If this time is longer, about 3-5 hours. so then I have to wait for 10 seconds to 30 seconds before the card reinitializes (before an EMM arrives and I write to the card).

From the Oscam configuration I tried to remove all restrictions as well. filter for specific CAID 0624 (i.e., .dvbapi / .user. / .server), but this also has no effect on my problem. Nothing has changed and it still does not work.

If I use the old Cryptoworks (CW) mode, all of this works, because CW does not have to wait for the card to be initialized with EMM records. In CW mode, the card works immediately after rebooting Oscam. This would be the case with the Irdeto mode :(.

Would anyone know what to do about this? I will add peacefully to my Oscam configuration files, but I do not know if you need it. I have not added anything to the configuration, nothing unnecessary about what I would not know, what it is or what might even marginally relate to the mentioned problem. Of course, if you need, I'll put the configuration files into this discussion.

Thanks.

Edited once, last by s3n0 ().

• Try putting this configuration

Maybe will be better.

oscam.server
    [reader]

label = Skylink_IRDETO

protocol = internal

device = /dev/sci0

caid = 0624

boxkey = ...

rsakey = ...

force_irdeto = 1

ecmnotfoundlimit = 5

detect = cd

mhz = 450

cardmhz = 2700

ident = 0624:000000

group = 1

emmcache = 1,1,2,0

disablecrccws = 1

• Thanks for reply, but...

- emmcache is definitely disabled on IRDETO crypt. mode

- mhz / cardmhz for IRDETO is supposed to be set to 6 MHz (configurable values of both settings to 600 / 600 + used autospeed=0)

- ident=CAID:PROVID I think is not neccessary... I tested it before (with no result)... but I will try them again to add

I will test the other entries. Thanks.

• Hello.

Thank you for your response.

Skylink ICE cards were made with several different chipsets. Some have a blocker already included, but not all. My card also does not contain a blocker. It depends on the type of the particular card. My card is an older ICE (CW + IRDETO are both supported).

Sometimes IRDETO has worked well on my card, without having to refresh the card every hour with an EMM message.

Now I've made my own bash-script for refresh the card every hour if the box is in standby, but that's not an ideal solution.

/////EDIT:

After updating to Oscam r11494, the LOG record does not show a lost EMM (since the beginning of the epoch unix-time) after about 3 hours of card inactivity. The next day I can always see EMM waiting in LOG, but it only takes 10 seconds and it's ok (using the needemmmfirst=1 entry in oscam.server file).

But I can not say whether this was a satellite provider error or a set top box error or Oscam error :). I still have to test :).

Edited once, last by s3n0: oscam r11494 update ().

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!