After latest update to my Zgemma H7, I have lost all timezones except UTC in Time Setting

There are 20 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,474 times. The last Post () by Panda555.

• master G

Added the Label General Support
  • Did you change the source to internet, if you do not use tuners/TP time?

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• i've done a fresh flash of openatv 6.3 and restored the backup settings on my H7. I do have timezones working and present.

From a previous post here:

you should have two files in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components - Timezones.py and Timezones.pyo - there could be a problem with these - If you look inside the Timezones.py file it will give you a clue as to what should be present and where it should be.

Check and see if they're present. On my box only see Timezones.pyo in that directory.
    Opening it in notepad++ I see reference to /etc/timezone.xmlt. Not much but Berlin reference to that in there.
    Doing a search for Eastern I see:

ftp://root@192.168.5.205/usr/share/zoneinfo/Canada/Eastern

ftp://root@192.168.5.205/usr/share/zoneinfo/US/Eastern

Further looking I see /usr/share/zoneinfo. The directory is populated with Timezone files and directories.
    Could you check and see, if not in your backups?
    Worse case I can zip the files and post them.

• I use TP time, I have 3 tuners that I do use - all fine here, before and after SW update (1 package)...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• I use TP time, I have 3 tuners that I do use - all fine here, before and after SW update (1 package)...

So you aren't missing the timezones on the H7 with PurE2? Seems there's at least one other person with the same issue as I have, so I don't think its localized to my box or something I've done.

So you aren't missing the timezones on the H7 with PurE2? Seems there's at least one other person with the same issue as I have, so I don't think its localized to my box or something I've done.

mano. Have you had time to check your files to see if all things Timezone related are there?
    Maybe I'm thick but it seems to be that if you are using transponder time on a sat that is beaming a zone or 2 different from you, that would be useless.

• Mano, do you have a coax cable connected to your tuner and signal from sat dish or terrestrial aerial?

mano. Have you had time to check your files to see if all things Timezone related are there?
    Maybe I'm thick but it seems to be that if you are using transponder time on a sat that is beaming a zone or 2 different from you, that would be useless.

I did check for the timezone.py file and only have the .pyo file. When I looked in that file, it seemed very sparse when compared the same file within another image (I have Vix on Multiboot).

I don't have any tuners or coax cables attached to the box. I never have. I set the time settings to NTP and it works fine. The problem isn't that its not telling the right time because its not syncing, its that I can't change the timezone because there are no timezones. There is only UTC, that's it, nothing else.

I even tried flashing to 6.3 and there's no timezones. I've tried other skins, nothing. However, in Vix, I have timezones. Prior to the update I did yesterday morning to PurE2, I had timezones.

Edit:

I just read that back again and it seemed a bit snarky. Sorry. I didn't mean to be that way. I just did another update that was released this morning and the problem persists.

Edited once, last by mano9423 ().

• No log, no file, no detailed info what you are doing, which skin you are using... Can't do anything like that to help, sorry.

All fine here...

• No log, no file, no detailed info what you are doing, which skin you are using... Can't do anything like that to help, sorry.

All fine here...

Gorski...are using the same box? I have other boxes on PurE2 that are not having this issue, only H7.

I don’t know what kind of log I could send, there is no error happening for the box to log. I am using Kiddac’s Vskin Bolt at the moment, but have also tried Onyx and the default PurE2 skin, all with the same problem.

I want to be helpful here as I’d like the problem fixed. Tell me what you’d like for detailed info. I can send a txt file of my timezones.pyo or any other file you would like if that helps.

• Did you have timezone.xml in etc/tuxbox/timezone , and whether it is showing all time zones.

Yes, that xml does list all the timezones.

Edit:

Sorry, that is not necessarily true. I realized after I got to work that I was booted into another image when I checked that file. lol

I will boot back to PurE2 when I get back home tonight and check that. Sorry for my stupidity.

Edited once, last by mano9423 ().

• Redo PurE2 from scratch.

Do not install anything extra - check the time zones in Settings, then manually, the file...

If this is working - you have your answer. If after installing an extra plugin or a skin you have a problem - that's what not to do...

Cheerio!

• I searched on net, these files can be found on github for different images,

but I dont know if they are valid for all images.

This was it. In etc/tuxbox there was no timezones.xml file. When I loaded the file on the box and restarted, timezones were there. Thank you very much!

• Even though adding the missing timezones.xml file to etc/tuxbox has worked I think I will do this very thing to see if its an issue with the image or if some plugin I am installing is deleting that file. Thanks for your help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!