Zgemma H9.2H or H7S?

There are 43 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 15,806 times. The last Post () by world-of-satellite.co.uk.

• Hello everybody!

I’m considering buying a new satellite box and would like to know better what to choose between. At the moment I’m running an old iBox3 with Egami and bootloader from Jacek. What would be my next box and why? I have read about zgemma H9.2H and H7S but really have not seen a comparison between these two. It would be fun to try IPTV, but it seems to be costly in the long term if you ask for quality and personal security. I do need a box that can handle both satellite and a terrestrial to fulfill my needs.

I don’t think I need a box with 2 S2X tuners, but if I had one how would I practically use these tuners? Do I need two separate dishes and LNB’s for each tuner to be able to use these at the same time for watching and recording different channels at the same time? Where do I find this information?

What is multistream, do I really need that, I guess it has nothing to do with watching many channels at the same time?

As I understand I need to run Oscam instead of mgcamd for my C and N-lines?

Are there any differences between these boxes of zgemma H9.2H and H7S to take in consideration before buying? Do they boot as fast?

If you were about to choose, why and what box would you fancy?

/NI

• Some more info for you.

H7 has Broadcom dual core 1.7GHz CPU. H9 has Quad core Hisilicon 1.5GHz CPU.

H7 has triple tuner options H7S is 2x Satellite and 1x C/T2. H7C is 2x C/T2 and 1x Satellite. H7 also has internal HDD facility.

You can us two tuner with one dish providing you have two coax feeds from LNB.

Muli-stream is for certain satellites like 5 west that broadcast streams one transponer.

Yes you'd have to use OScam with new generation 4K receivers, although some image support other softcams.

Depends what the main use for your purchase. If you to watch and record a lot and have internal HDD facility then go for the H7. If not bothered about recording a lot then go for the H9 model. H9.2H has Satellite and C/T2 tuner, if you want 2x Satellite then look at the H9.2S.

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

• H7 and H9 both fast boxes.

New feature coming for the H9 series in OpenViX soon allowing image to boot from Micro SD card instead of nand. Add a £3.00 8GB Class 10 SD card and you'll have 8GB eMMC flash. Should be in next OpenViX release, credits go to Twol from OpenViX team.

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

• H7 and H9 both fast boxes.

New feature coming for the H9 series in OpenViX soon allowing image to boot from Micro SD card instead of nand. Add a £3.00 8GB Class 10 SD card and you'll have 8GB eMMC flash. Should be in next OpenViX release, credits go to Twol from OpenViX team.

Thanks for the fantastic information!

Will the OpenViX team integrate the flash expander in their image? If so, what benefits will there be compared to manually install the flash expander and then choosing the microSD?

If I buy from you will there be an EU plug too?

You don’t have any opinion on what box that boots faster, any guess?

• The new features is not flash expander, it actually moves the nand image root to Micro SD card. You can then switch boot from NAND to SD Card via the GUI. I'm running one now with 8GB Class 10 SD Card. Great feature.

• Hello again!

Do you find the box slower when running 8GB Class 10 SD Card?

• No, actually performs better as it has more free flash to use. I've been testing with a 8GB Class 10 Micro SD card. New feature will be in next release of OpenViX.

• Btw, it already is available in PurE2 (we wrote it and added the feature to the Zgemma developers' GIT, there is no need to invent it from scratch and add it there yet again...:laugh1:), plus I wrote the proper user-end support for it, you can find it on this very forum, with some images and all the details you need to set it up properly...:rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

One more thing: you can have 4 images natively in H7 because it has 4 partitions (PurE2 has a unique feature of only 2 partitions, if you want more space) and given Brdcm's long experience with all this, I would say that there are fewer issues with various codecs with H7, at this very moment... Again, all the necessary user-end support is already here, in excruciating detail, by yours truly...:cool1:

Having said that, HiSlicon (H9x/H9.2x series chipset manufacturer) has acquired new talent and they are learning fast and lots, so they will get to the very highest level soon, I expect... Both have all the info you need right here, search a bit in the relevant sections and amongst the articles, I put a lot of time and lots of my experience into it, so worry not about setting it all up...

Btw, PurE2 has ALL the CamDs in its "Plugins" section, available at the touch of the RC button, so you can choose whatever you want. I would also recommend the latest OSCam Emu, which works with everything, including PowerVu AU (self-making new working keys)...

Can't miss, really, not to worry, just listen to your needs...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• One more thing: you can have 4 images natively in H7 because it has 4 partitions

Presumably this splits the memory between the four, so like 1gb per image. If you only ever have one image will it make full use of all the available memory, or only ever use a quarter of it?

• @ Gorski, in OpenViX moving image to SD card is embedded into OpenViX for H9. No need for scripts.

User can choose to boot boot from Nand or SD card. Will be in next release.

• One more thing: you can have 4 images natively in H7 because it has 4 partitions

Presumably this splits the memory between the four, so like 1gb per image. If you only ever have one image will it make full use of all the available memory, or only ever use a quarter of it?

Yes splits into for. Each image has its usuable amount. If you use one image only I'd suggest that you each slot for different functions. For instance Slot 1 could have all your Kodi setup, Slot 2 Stalker, Slot 3 basic FTA...... Only an example cos each slot could have both kodi and stalker plugins.

• Baz, it's a bit more complicated than that, since H7 is carefully constructed:

1/2GB goes to SWAP partition. That works great, btw...

1/2GB goes to /tmp file. Also great, except with E2iPlayer which needs more (1,5GB to be precise), so it needs to be redirected to / (root) or USB stick or SSD, for instance.

3GB are divided to more than 750MB each = 4 partitions.

I have loaded it with tons of stuff, all FNC plugins in PurE2, Kodi, E2iPlayer, tons of extras and I could barely get to about 180MB left free...

On the off chance you will want more, you have an exclusive PurE2 image which partitions the flash into only 2 parttiions, so you can have 2 images only and double the space...

As for H9 script - what if one doesn't have the SD card or USB stick and doesn't need to move anything, as 256MB is aplenty, after all? In that case, I would suggest that this is the same script but without giving users the choice.

In PurE2 this is all done via a script in pManager > Scripts, so RC buttons pressed and voila, from the sofa... - mSD card doesn't even have to be recognised, let alone mounted... ;)

The first script from OpenATV had to be messed with via Telnet, it depended on E2 recognising the mSD card etc. But PurE2 team quickly made it possible to do it all via the RC and no tests were needed to see if mSD card was recognised and auto-mounted, which new option was given to all when we fixed the functionality after it all stopped, due to changes at the developer's level... Hope that makes clear the point I was making... :)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Official Post

With regards to the 2 boxes in question i would deffo choose the h7, it is only an extra 30 quid from the site sponsor but gives you an extra dvb/c/t tuner, bigger flash size, internal hdd, usb3 and sata connection. Gigabyte Ethernet too....

gorski you know i am a massive pure2 fan, but the above posts highlight an issue with pure2 not being open source, they have some very clever bits in the images but they are not shared.....as you said the initial script came from the atv team, just feel that there could be improvements to all the image teams if stuff was shared openly...

• With regards to the 2 boxes in question i would deffo choose the h7, it is only an extra 30 quid from the site sponsor but gives you an extra dvb/c/t tuner, bigger flash size, internal hdd, usb3 and sata connection. Gigabyte Ethernet too....

jenseneverest I know you a little, we talked a lot regarding Cloud iBox boxes at a forum that died years ago.. I was one of two who came from Sweden.

Yes I know Gorski is a fan of H7 and I really respect that. He has worked a lot with this box as far as I understand. Your input is always appreciated too as everybody else’s. Suddenly I just now started to think of any competitors to the H7.. are there any as cheap as H7.. maybe that is for another tread?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!