Do i need to flash openatv 6.1 first then update to openatv 6.3 on DM900 UHD 4K

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,503 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• I want to install open atv 6.3 in dm 900 4k uhd mips cpu last version os OE 2.5.

I don't know if possible flashing image 6.3 version or before flashing 6.1 version then using the integrated update to version 6.3?

Please let me know

Thank You

• Official Post

mips

You keep referring to this box as MIPS, when it has an ARM processor.

OE 2.5

OE 2.5 are DreamOS images

OE 2.2 are OE-Alliance (OpenATV) or Openpli based images

I don't know if possible flashing image 6.3 version or before flashing 6.1 version then using the integrated update to version 6.3?

The flashing procedure formats/overwrites the internal flash memory. So just flash any image you want again, and again, over the top of one another.

• I have read that someone flashing directly open atv 6.3 block the flashing procedure for unknown problem. This openatv user said that flashing before an old version 6.1 then 6.3 resolve.

This openatv image has possibility to update directly from menu as updating enigma of dreambox?

• Official Post

Its not possible to update from 6.1 to 6.3. There will be too many changes to the image. A reflash is required.

When minor updates are released for the same version (6.3), then you can perform an online update.

If a new version (6.4) is released you can`t perform an online update to that.

You can backup your current settings (Blue button > Software Manager > Backup Settings), flash the new openatv image, then restore your settings (Blue button > Software Manager > Restore Settings).

You can`t use OpenATV backup settings on different images and vice versa.

• master G

Added the Label Image Flashing & Backup Support
  • master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Update for openatv 6.3” to “Do i need to flash openatv 6.1 first then update to openatv 6.3 on DM900 UHD 4K”.
  • Hello.

The version of one edition of Enigma is something like a version of Windows, for example - Windows XP / 2000/7/8 / 8.1 / 10, like OpenATV 6.0 /6.1 /6.2 / 6.3, etc. . There is, for example, a newer system kernel. Furthermore, newer drivers from the hardware manufacturer. Then, Busybox is released (a small support package of basic "commands" for the Linux kernel). Of course, many bugs and improvements for the Enigma itself (the graphical interface of the linux system alias a multimedia center with a particular SKIN).

So if you want to update to version 6.3 (BTW it is a BETA version only !), the best way is to backup all the necessary and then complete reflash.

Alternatively, try online flash, which is an OpenATV feature and should work with data retention (unfortunately, it does not work reliably) - Blue Buton > press OK on the first row > Flash Online. But I do not know if the online flash on the DM box will work, because DM has a pretty different flashing technique through the Web-GUI. I do not own a DM. Theoretically, if an OpenATV image is uploaded there, then it could make the online flash to the new version work properly.

I personally back up my data manually via FTP connection. Everything except plug-ins is backing up and then installing the plugins again. I mainly back up:

/etc/enigma2 (completely enigma2 "settings" for all installed plugins, complete all channel lists with black/white list, SKIN settings, etc.)

/etc/tuxbox/*.xml (satellites.xml, terestrial.xml, cable.xml)

/usr/script (if the folder it exists and when you use any scripts in OpenATV from the folder)

/usr/keys/oscam ...OR... /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam (or other folder depending on where you have your Softcam configuration)

/etc/init.d (only my self-maded bash scripts with start|stop|restart - if any my own scripts are there)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!