The debate about what box is good or not so good

There are 42 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,807 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• To :

world-of-satellite.co.uk

Board Sponsor

Please explain this:

Today i got my edision mio 4k after reading here in the forum Edision OS mio 4K UHD

how its will be with 2 gb ddr4 and 8gb flash and its so better than all hisilcon SOC like dinobot u5mini and otagon but why then my have ONLY

2 GB flash? ? And how can one test ddr in e2 ? Is there some program like aida 64 or cpuz on android or just blind trust even the package box say it have 8 GB wait i will make fotos here..f444b1f.jpgc52cc393f50152a6fabbf.jpgad70bb398b594eef9b80ee.jpg

• Somebody is lying and its not me
  • ITS Never the case with vu+ gigablue and octagon and this is not the only receiver people are not looking close what tuner or wich type flash how much flash and so on .With Dream BOX and VU+ is :You GET what you paid for all SPECS are 100% correct but correct me if i am wrong

• Think you need to go on a training course to learn how Enigma 2 receivers work! I don't honestly think you have a clue about what your posting. You call yourself a re-seller! :eye roll: Feel sorry for your customers if you give them false information like this!

Answered here: Edision OS mio 4K UHD

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

• ITS Never the case with vu+ gigablue and octagon and this is not the only receiver people are not looking close what tuner or wich type flash how much flash and so on .With Dream BOX and VU+ is :You GET what you paid for all SPECS are 100% correct but correct me if i am wrong

You really haven't got a clue have you?

Welcome to OpenViX for vuultimo4k

openvix 5.2 vuultimo4k

vuultimo4k login: root

Password:

root@vuultimo4k:~# df -h

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on

/dev/root 3.5G 282.5M 3.2G 8% /

devtmpfs 781.0M 4.0K 781.0M 0% /dev

tmpfs 64.0K 0 64.0K 0% /media

tmpfs 789.1M 1.2M 787.9M 0% /var/volatile

/dev/sda1 1.8T 202.9G 1.6T 11% /media/hdd

root@vuultimo4k:~# free

total used free shared buff/cache available

Mem: 1616052 215104 1266948 1188 134000 1352916

Swap: 0 0 0

root@vuultimo4k:~#

Welcome to OpenViX for vuuno4kse

openvix 5.2 vuuno4kse

vuuno4kse login: root

root@vuuno4kse:~# df -h

/dev/root 3.5G 384.0M 3.1G 11% /

devtmpfs 345.4M 4.0K 345.4M 0% /dev

tmpfs 353.6M 136.0K 353.4M 0% /var/volatile

/dev/sda1 930.4G 157.4G 772.9G 17% /media/hdd

root@vuuno4kse:~# free

Mem: 724128 170476 451064 140 102588 522072

root@vuuno4kse:~#

If you have any idea about what you're posting as an alleged reseller you'd be able to explain some things about the output above and why they're different to the OS Mio 4K output.

Welcome to OpenViX for osmio4k

openvix 5.2 osmio4k

osmio4k login: root

root@osmio4k:~# df -h

/dev/root 1.8G 315.6M 1.4G 18% /

devtmpfs 488.2M 4.0K 488.2M 0% /dev

/dev/mmcblk1p1 3.0M 10.0K 3.0M 0% /boot

tmpfs 1000.4M 1.5M 998.9M 0% /var/volatile

/dev/sda1 114.0G 3.0G 111.0G 3% /media/hdd

root@osmio4k:~# free

Mem: 2048820 1308020 596784 1560 144016 706476

root@osmio4k:~#

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

Care to explain about the Gigablue? You've stated yourself they give correct specs :) They do the same with partitions for multiboot:

Welcome to OpenViX for gbquad4k

openvix 5.2 gbquad4k

gbquad4k login: root

root@gbquad4k:~# df -h

/dev/root 1.5G 263.1M 1.2G 18% /

devtmpfs 434.3M 4.0K 434.3M 0% /dev

/dev/mmcblk0p1 3.0M 8.0K 3.0M 0% /boot

tmpfs 442.5M 132.0K 442.4M 0% /var/volatile

/dev/sda1 148.0G 5.3G 142.7G 4% /media/hdd

root@gbquad4k:~# free

Mem: 906216 145016 563768 136 197432 730548

Swap: 539644 0 539644

root@gbquad4k:~#

So Edision are not lying are they? :)

• i said correct me if i am wrong

Post 5 you accused Edision of lying about the specs ;)

• I now how Enigma 2 receivers work but to advert 8gb and to get 2gb for use Why ? Why multiboot and why not put that info on the website or on the paper i undestand you its the formating of the partitions but explain that to customers who read the box specs and dont get the space for use they dont care if you and me know linux or enigma 2 they dont know what boot is i can tell them about mulitboot nobody care they see the specs they buy.and multiboot can be easy done with usb stick right?So is it so hard to write on the package 2 gb usable ? Can i remove the multiboot and then use all the space? Can i format the flash and get more usable space on hdd ?

• I now how Enigma 2 receivers work but to advert 8gb and to get 2gb for use Why ? Why multiboot and why not put that info on the website or on the paper i undestand you its the formating of the partitions but explain that to customers who read the box specs and dont get the space for use they dont care if you and me know linux or enigma 2 they dont know what boot is i can tell them about mulitboot nobody care they see the specs they buy.and multiboot can be easy done with usb stick right?So is it so hard to write on the package 2 gb usable ? Can i remove the multiboot and then use all the space? Can i format the flash and get more usable space on hdd ?

Many brands do this as a feature. Not only Edision. You can ask the questions to Edision, you're a reseller.

• i have contacted edision and explained the problem with advert and usable storage and the ugly remote and some other stuff

but you should explain here in the forum for people who just buy stuff consumers not geeks and i still think its lying if you dont say its not usable and again people are reading here in the forum and i think they deserve the all story with in depth info and review and here is where they look. You say "Many brands do this as a feature" thats why we have this site not to defend brands but to criticize and then they might do something better innovative wich only Vu+ is.

• i have contacted edision and explained the problem with advert and usable storage and the ugly remote and some other stuff

but you should explain here in the forum for people who just buy stuff consumers not geeks and i still think its lying if you dont say its not usable and again people are reading here in the forum and i think they deserve the all story with in depth info and review and here is where they look. You say "Many brands do this as a feature" thats why we have this site not to defend brands but to criticize and then they might do something better innovative wich only Vu+ is.

We do not have to explain anything. You are intent on bashing certain brands, that is clearly visible from your posts. You seem to have some motive to bash brands for some reason which is not professional as a re-seller.

Edision are not lying in their spec, the receiver does have 8GB flash. Image builders have chosen to give this device multi-boot features and the remote is very good quality, just does not please you aesthetically, that's your problem. Image builders can change the GIT to use all the flash, why don't complain to OE-Alliance, OpenPLi?

Non geeks would not use up the 2GB flash allocated to whatever boot partition they're using anyway unless they fill it loads of plugins, then would they not be geek's?

Have a good evening :)

• I think people like you and Image builders have to explain everything because we all trust you and not the brands you are in contact with customers

No one needs to explain anything to you, we give our free time to support a community of enthusiasts, you clearly have a bee in your bonnet and need to get off your soap box.

WOS have given more to this community than you ever will. you have a problem then contact the manufacturer and sit tight and wait for your reply.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!