picon how to activate them in pure2 image?

There are 49 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,113 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• hello, i have vu solo2 ,

i downloaded picons and put them on media/usb and i looked at usb there is a map picon and inthat map there is a map logos, but they dont show in infobar, must i change something in settings so yes where please.

regards

• Official Post

hello, i have vu solo2 ,

i downloaded picons and put them on media/usb and i looked at usb there is a map picon and inthat map there is a map logos, but they dont show in infobar, must i change something in settings so yes where please.

regards

there is a setting where you have to map the picons to your chosen location, under "user interface" ---- check that is the correct location for you

otherwise check the skin setting for picons.

• Please, don't. Use Estuary and be without problems...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• We can not fix every skin, tool, plugin, player etc. for full PurE2 functionality, sorry...

But our own we will!

Some skins, plugins, tools etc. might create problems, so you need to understand we're a feisty, capable, creative and talented but also a rather small team, so limited... :(

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Official Post

Yes i understand and repect that, its a very good image.

I,m thankfull for all of youre work, i will try to find a sollution for the picon problems.

regards

not used that skin in a while But i think they are Z picons, so large size ones, first check the picons work with the default skin to be sure:thumbup:

• PurE2 - continuing in the tradition of PowerBoard - has tools/plugins to setup picons (and EPG) wherever you want. And many, many more options are given to the users, to do as they please, like no other image I know of... ;)

MENU > Setup > System > User interface (as Jens told you) > Picon Path > press OK and navigate to the place where you sent them, then when you see the path is correct > GREEN button to SAVE > you will be asked to reboot... It really should work with ANY skin in ANY image... :)

• If you do not need to save space in the set top box's internal flash memory, upload picons to the standard Enigma folder:

/usr/share/enigma2/picon/*.png

I recommend classic size icons (even for FullHD) that means:

220x132 (in PNG format)

If you really want to save space in the internal flash memory, I recommend using some plugins or installer or updater for picons, which will always upload the necessary picons. I have a similar plugin programmed but it is not finished and is not yet published.

As for the picon on an external USB drive... I think the standard path must be followed... did you keep her? I do not know the PureE2 image well, but I think it should be there. Again the standard path for almost all Enigma:

/media/usb/picon/*.png

/media/hdd/picon/*.png

Next note:

The picons in the infobar are loaded only after the Enigma is restarted, whereas the channel list picons are loaded immediately when the channel list is displayed.

• No, with PB/PurE2 "Picon Path" plugin one does not have to put them in the standard path but one can choose freely...

Indeed, if one has loadsa space in FLash - feel free... If not - USB stick or so (not HDD)...

• The location of the picons is usually determined by the SKIN. It depends on the source code used by SKIN where the picons will be located. However, the standard directory for all Enigma should always be the same, it should be functional, and it is a directory:

/usr/share/enigma2/picon

Changing the location of the default directory is not a problem - for example, using a symbolic link to another directory (from /usr/share/enigma2/picon to /media/usb/picon). If a user can specify the picon directory on himself, then there may be a number of compatibility issues with other plugins and extensions (such as plugins that need to display the picon of the current service, but unfortunately do not find the directory with picons!).

• Not so in PurE2! ;)

One uses RC to elegantly determine the path of one's choosing... ;) Then a restart follows...

We are cool like that... :cool1:

• OK and when I install another SKIN (ipk package from the internet, designed for Enigma2) ? Because I do not like the built-in SKIN in PureE2, then I will not have any picons ? :)

Or is the path to the picon directory determined by the symbolic link in PureE2 ? It does not matter who or what has added a symbolic link to the system (via GUI or through Shell).

• Why don't you tell us first if you followed the path I just described here, so we know IF there is a problem, to begin with...:wink:

It seems to me you have never had a first hand experience with either Powerboard or PurE2, so what are we talking about?

I certainly took those PB plugins (for EPG and Picon paths) to other images and they worked:thank_you2: - so beats me... :derpthink:

Just don't uninstall Estuary, as its libs might still be needed even if Estuary isn't used...

• The picon non show is a skin related thing, i installed open multiboot and set the picon path to media/hdd, installed loi hd skin and everything works like charme but not on the aeon skin that skin schows no picons.

Great image, i think i install pure2 to my vu ultimo 4k tonight, its my favourit now.

regards satspock from the netherlands

• one question for gorski, i dont no if i should open another topic for this but on multiboot wen i wanna install open blackhole 4.2 on it gives an error something like error cant copie kernel.

what is wrong?

regards.

• Sorry, Abu:

1) WE DO allow for many locations!!!

2) Other teams do not allow their users the flexibility we do offer to them, from the skin onwards...

3) What you seem to espouse is contrary to our philosophy of giving users as much flexibility as possible, so they decide for themselves... They don't need an all knowing nanny coder, we feel, to decide for them what they need... They are perfectly capable of reading a small piece of info, i.e. learning a simple thing about how PurE2 functions and then deciding for themselves... ;)

I used OpenMultiBoot and it largely worked. Don't know about BH, sorry... Not my cup of tea, as it were...

One more thing: do NOT put the picons on a device with moving parts (HDD) - use USB stick or SSD, maybe mSD or even the flash/NAND/eMMC, if you have enough space...

Just be careful, as picons, EPG etc. can overwhelm your flash sooner than you think...

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!