Dummies Guide To Setting Up The EPG and Bouquets for Satellite or IPTV on Zgemma H7C

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,355 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• Hello.

I'm raring to go with my Zgemma H7C box and in my head it's gonna look like a like-for-like replica of a certain UK satellite provider's EPG. Without the Q cos I prefer the old interface.

Is this possible?

I'm still learning so please bear with me but the channel categories are known as Bouquets, right? Like bunches of flowers; cute. Anyway, I guess I want a bouquet for like "Entertainment" (as opposed to "all channels" with is the first category on the real version), "Documentaries," "Kids," "Movies," "Sports," "News," "Music" and then my own additions like "PPV" and "International Sports" etc.

I've done some research, either on here or asking on various social media platforms and been recommended a multitude of options - E-Channelizer, something called Jedi, another one called Xtreme Editor, something known simply as Suls' script, using the bouquet editor in OpenWebIF, and probably others I've already forgot. To me Suls' script seems about the best. Mainly because a) it's free and b) it seems to do a lot of the legwork for you.

However I'm not averse to putting it a lot of effort to get it right. Is it possible to really make your EPG your own? Or does a lot of it depend on the source? My IPTV comes in the form of a long URL M3U playlist (afaik) like this: (obviously edited):

Code
    http://provider.url.co.uk/get.php?username=Baz&password=ABC123XYZ8910&type=m3u_plus&output=ts

So this is what I'm working with.

I also have a satellite "line" but I'm yet to read up on them so I'm literally clueless on that front.

However the second part of my question is in regards to mixing sources in the same bouquet.

Let's say for example in the Sports bouquet, I will want most of the sports channels to come through IPTV. However, I'd like the ones fronted by a classic British telephony service, that happen to show Champions League matches, to come through my satellite dish. Is it possible to have them listed this way in my EPG?

If so, what's the best way to go about it?

And finally, I've noticed a lot of people set their zgemma boxes to update in the early hours of every morning. Seems good. Will my alterations survive said updates? And if I ever need to rescan - for example a new channel called BBC Scotland went on air tonight so a rescan would be necessary for it to appear - will the channels stay in my desired order and in their assigned bouquets?

I hope everything I've asked makes sense. I really appreciate as much guidance as I can get with this cos if I can get it looking and acting like my old providers EPG, the wife won't murder me for having all the sports channels, cos she'll be able to find The Passage and Dr Who and whatever else she likes, without stressing over where the channels are. Meanwhile, my 17 year old daughter is fully-versed in finding Cbeebies no matter what, and I think she'd still find it if the EPG was in Chinese, so I needn't worry on that front.

Thanks in advance.

• Official Post

Keep it simple.

Autobouquets maker is a plugin that downloads channel lists into bouquets, this plugin is used for satellite, cable, and terrestrial TV channels and can be set to run daily if required

jedimakerxtream is a plugin that dose the same for IPTV channels

EPG (the programme guide that tells you whats) on can be done with more plugins, that download the required data......

Crossepg for satellite and another plugin called epgimporter for sat,cable and iptv.

All of these are on the forum, take some time to read up on them

• Best lists for you - are made by you... :)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• I am working with DB Edit and SetEdit but for IPTV channels they tell me Ciefp's tool is good and there are more of those... ;)

It pays, especially if you have the blindscan... Then, bit by bit, every day 1 satellite edited and channels from it sent to Favs made by you, as you need them to be.

The best thing is - you know where all of them are, then... :)

Good luck!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• All my sky copy cat skins can be found here. Including the new Sky Q look. And the older Sky HD look. Picons and also my jedi Maker Xtream Plugin.

KiddaC Skins

https://www.linuxsat-support.com/board/1462-kiddac-skins/

All with lovely screenshots and full install instructions.

As you are after a pretty standard sky look build, you might better looking for a h7c full backup image.

With a backup image, someone else has done all the hard work for you, setting it up, putting on the the skins, installing all the necessary plugins, amending all the settings.

I am not sure if Willo3092 has one of these?

As for mixing up bouquets. You really don't have to. And is lot more maintenance. Also a lot of the IPTV plugins will reset your order again if your do a daily/weekly update.

From your satellite/cable you can bring in your grouped categories. i.e All / Entertainment / Documentaries etc.

Then from your IPTV you just bring in a few more grouped categories. In my opinion its much clearer and simpler if you don't put over the air and iptv channels in the same bouquet.

I have attached an old step by step guide for setting up an old zgemma 2s. Setting up any enigma2 box is pretty much the same principle.

The only difference is to make sure you have the correct image for your box. Some of the information is a little dated now, but most of it still stands now.

• Try this for IPTV channels, _BAZ... And do tell..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!