YIFY-FNC: the world's first torrent player for Enigma2!

There are 22 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,218 times. The last Post () by ciccio pesce.

• YIFY-FNC

This is the world's first torrent player on E2 - ever! It streams 4K/3D/1080p/720 and so on... official YIFY torrents.

For PurE2 users only.

Use at your own risk! We recommend one uses this plugin ONLY with some VPN plugin!!!!! We can not stress this strongly enough! In some countries it won't even work at all without it! You have been warned!!!

=================The technical bits=================

yify-FNC is a torrent player which parses torrents from various torrent sites, but the main source is an official YTS.AM. What you see on yts.am you will be able to see in plugin as well.

For other levels of quality like: 720p-h.265 / 1080p-h.265 / 4K, the plugin uses third party sources like: ettv, torlock, torrentfunk, yourbittorrent, piraterio, torrentgalaxy, toros, rarbg...

Installation:

It's simple, you can either

1) wait for an image update, then you will get yify-FNC via feeds (=> MENU > Plugins > green button > Extensions), or

2) if you don't want to wait, install as ipk file:

• first make sure you have the latest image update
    • FTP .ipk file to /home/root/ folder
    • in telnet give the following command: opkg install *.ipk (where * = the name of the file)
    • restart PurE2

Using the plugin:

There are plenty of options/features inside, but I will not explain all of them, only a few important ones.

To get the many options we just mentioned => start the plugin and press the Menu button.

• download path - here one can choose the path for downloading but do not use FAT32 devices/partitions - use EXT4 or NTFS formatted devices/partitions instead!
      (HDD/SSD and NAS servers are better solutions to download to; on the other hand, USB sticks are OK but not that great, and again - not formatted in FAT32!)
    • buffer size (to be determined before playing a file) - here you can change pre-download size - sometimes 3% is enough to play without stuttering, sometimes 5, 8 or even greater % is needed... it depends on peers, your network, movie quality, etc. etc.
    • If you are not sure what you are doing... leave all other torrent options as you find them...
    • all the other options not directly connected with torrents - feel free to change at will: for instance, auto-subtitle on/off, subtitle language, plugin appearance, translation, etc. etc.

Please note:

1. If your provider blocks access to YTS.AM, there is a possibility to change YTS domain to some mirror domain, eg. ytss.unblocked.is (BUT! It is still safer to use VPN!!!)
    2. When you start setting up the plugin, as a standard user you will not be able to see all levels of movie quality/resolution - but only 720p!

Download

If you think we deserve it, you can honour us with a beer, from time to time... Please, see the "donate" button below... ;)

(gorski's note: 'Tis an enormous undertaking for a small but feisty, creative and rather capable PurE2 Team, so if you can afford it - don't think about it, JUST DO IT, because the coders deserve it!!!)

f1d87.jpg eee3eeebe.jpg 0f95b13393a.jpg 12ccbea12f02daad3dcad711a.jpg a37d8d.jpg 8d6d3e3aa4a1.jpg 45692ba57f955f38cb.jpg d15666322450e6.jpg 3dc1db6.jpg 00a336badf5a0441139b.jpg b94fdc6.jpg 1553bd.jpg e6d5753c7357c.jpg abbd81c7.jpg 3589d1a.jpg c36a93b0.jpg a4ce646dd8.jpg

• gorski

Added the Label News
  • Nice one, indeed

I have a problem ,only got 720p links

image is freshly updated, and everything is configured exactly like in pictures above, my 320 GB Hdd is formated in EXT4 and path is seth correctly

after choosing some movie only 720p links are there, they work OK

what to do to get 1080p and 4K quality links

My box is Edision Mio 4K

• Just to mention here, as well, for those who do not know...

And I quote, re. the higher than 720 resolution/quality function of this plugin, YIFY-FNC:

"Reserved for friends, true supporters or donators of PurE2."

Also, I was given this lovely little link, to help one on one's stairway to PurE2 Heaven:

Donate for maintenance and further development

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• If it doesn't work => search on DuckDuckGo for YIFY proxies...

Link is usually really long, so go to Tinyurl and shorten it!

Take the RC and change the link in the YIFY settings.

Save and restart PurE2... Njoy! :)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• ...or you could try PurE2...

• gorski

Added the Label Plugin Support
  • gorski

Changed the title of the thread from “yify-FNC” to “YIFY-FNC: the world's first torrent player for Enigma2!”.
  • Just to remind folk here: this is still working brilliantly!

In case you are stuck on some of the torrent search engines - disable it. Restart PurE2. Try again...

Despite the fact it hasn't been updated for a while - due to real life pressures - this is still working really well and it testifies as to the quality work done in PurE2 Team! ;)

• Stop ettv - at least at my end, in the UK - and all is fine!

661807e2ab17e065aa.jpg

• Hi. I have am having a few issues with FNC plugins that I hope someone can help with.

1. Many of the YIFY streams are slightly stretched when I (can) play them. I have had a look at the settings but can't see anything there to adjust the picture format. The format on my TV is set correctly (16:9). I have tried all of my TV formats including unscaled, auto-fill, wide screen but they make no difference. Is this an issue with many of these stream picture formats from YIFY Peers, or have I missed a setting within FNC YIFY?

2. YIFY is saving the movies to my external memory. I set "Backup favorites, watched list & KUD number on start" to No. I also set "Delete content on exit" to Yes, but when I reboot my Zgemma H92 running Pure2, these changes revert back to the default. I save the above using the Green button, so not sure why on reboot, the saved changes are nullified.

3. I have set "show donation message" to No, but again that keeps reverting to Yes on reboot. That applies to all FNC plugins I have. Can you actually deactivate this message, or is this mandatory, even the the option to deactivate is in the menu?

4. Lastly, after rebooting my Zgemma H9S and accessing YIFY, movies won't play. I get the Quality/status screen come up saying "waiting for peers", no download or upload data. My network is connected as IPTV works and Lookmovie-FNC works fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding the above? Thanks

• "Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Btw, video settings for H9 Twin...

9a50347ade82b7bbb5a1c460.png

But that will also depend on your TV and SW in it....

Edit!

Oh, plus a working VPN!

• And the rest?

• I had set "Delete content on exit" to Yes, but films were still being saved. I changed back to No, Saved, rebooted, changed to Yes and now films are deleted on exiting the app. The donation windows no longer pops up. Lastly, the "waiting for peers" was down to an issue with VPN location. I found out after posting that all of my IPTV links were freezing as well. After changing location, all started working again.

• Happy days!

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!