How do i update Dreambox 800 se Clone with a new image

There are 89 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 9,909 times. The last Post () by Panda555.

• Official Post

Please describe how you are doing it please from the beginning?

• Extract software from attached files in earlier post
    • Connect DM and PC with service cable (USB) no power on the Dreambox yet!!!!
    • Start software and chose the right comport
    • When software tells you it found Dreambox and ask you to power up dreambox first then switch on the box not before.
    • After that is done software will fix ca not found issu and put in new flashloader for you.
    • Now you can choose if you want to flash with software or you can re attach your box to the place
      wher you usally have it and connect all cables, Hold front button under LCD screen pushed
      at the same time turn on power with button on backside. Hold fronbutton until you se flashmode is on
      and you get the ip address in the lcd to use to flash with.
    • Now you can flash my suggested image since it have the ssl (Bootloader file) in the .nfi file

We want give up yet its most likely som small thing you do wrong :)
    • Official Post

Strange?

could you please step by step tell us how you are trying to do it?

There has be some small thing you do wrong?

• As I wrote, but it seems nobody read it, your box is a Sunray but HAS NOT A SIM2 2.10 inside, most probably an A8P Clone sim or could be any other sim like Ferrari, Estar or Japhar.

So you have to open the box and see which sim there is, as otherwise if you flash also 100 times a Sim2 image your box with not as miracle became a box with a sim 2.10.

Emo

• Official Post

emosim have a look ate screenshot in post 48 and you see the Sim 2.10 logo so he have that sim.

Yes they also get shipped with the A8P sim but they show the original LCD DM logo

Dont now about japhar or Ferrari but guessing they also have their own LCD boot logo ;)

I have asj\ked about a step by step guid on to how his doing it since i suspect strongly his

turning on the power before the program ask for it and if he do that no CA fix will be written to the box :)

• The LCD means nothing, none of the image on the LCD is stored in the Sim card, it's stored on the ROM Bootloader in EPROM chip in box. So definitely you are not correct on this. The Sim could be any, until we see a photo of the sim inside, we will not know, but I can guarantee that the sim is NOT a Sim2 2.10 in that box... FYI.

LCD Logo has nothing to do with the Sim insde...

Emo

• Official Post

To me it dos not matter who is right and who wrong i just want the guy to get his box up and running so lets see what sim he might have.

But if he have another Clone crapp there must be som CA fix for them also?

Since you are reprecenting Japhar Ferrari TEAM cant you just upload your CA fix and he can try with that?

If he have A8P sim he just can use DM orginal Image and al will be fixed

I know a lot of Sunrays have the SimCard filled over with Glue like the Original DM and to ask someone

to take appart and maybe destroy his box must be the last resort.

• I never seen a Sunray box with the sim glued, this happened only around 2010 with DM800HDpvr boxes where Sim 1.0 (Ferrari) were often glued (and some Sim 2.00/2.01).

Japhar Team avoided this problem, as all our Sims can be reprogrammed directly in the box, without opening the box. But other dead teams, never reach that point... they disappeared long before, years ago... at their stone age.

Concerning the fact of the NO CA ERROR, we already built a tool for everybody to use for all sims and boxes, it's called JapharFlasher. Use it... BUT then when you flash an image in the box YOU MUST flash an image that is working with the sim in your box, you cannot avoid this control... we cannot change that...

or... I could yes with a good laught... YES we can if you just put a JAPHAR SIM on all boxes and it will work perfect ;o)))).

As you perfectly correctly wrote, throw away the crap old sims (A8P/Sim2/Estar/Ferrari/Sim1.0), and use Japhar sims ! Clones are working as good as Original boxes, with Japhar Sims.

Emo

• It will not work, as the Sunray Tool works only with boxes that have a Sim2 sim in the box, which is not the case here....

So only solution is to use our JapharFlasher, and then know as you perfectly correctly wrote opening the box, the model of the Sim. And then flash the image for that Sim with JapharFlasher that is the ONLY Universal tool to recover DM boxes, with any Sim or model.

Emo

https://www.singapore-dreambox…nray-flashup-and-browser/

Here it is written how to flash Sunray HD receiver. In attach is Sunray Flash Tool.

• Official Post

Jupp i am no fan of clones in general for me its like buying a Brand New Chevy and come home and open and find out its some

crappy China made engine inside.

I cant say nothing about the sim you provide but still its a cheap clone with second edition hardware

that needs special hacked images to work.

I can see that people are not showling money around like its snow so of cause price is a factor

Where clones usally are cheaper then the real deal. But if people look around and maybe

take a tripp in to world of satellites they will find many good STBs that are not clone to a good price and even some cheaper then clones.

But this guy have a black screen tonight and if you have not uploaded the JapharFlasher tool yet i hope you do so.

So he can try and see if that fixes the box for him and maybe upload a good image so he want flash the wrong one again :)

In the end we have some diffrent views but i do value your help and for taking time and help

this guy :)

• JapharFlasher : Master G uploaded it a long time ago into the FileSection/Forum,

(master G)

Emo

• Link :

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!