Timezone changes after reboot with PurE2 on my Zgemma H7S

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,691 times. The last Post () by supwiddiss.

• I have a small issue with PurE2 on my Zgemma H7S. For about a month or so now (I update image regularly), the image won't hold my timezone through a reboot of Enigma or a restart. I am in the Eastern timezone in Canada and don't have a dish or anything hooked up to the box, only IPTV. Whenever I do a reboot of any kind, the timezone automatically goes back to GMT+1 Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Vienna and I have to manually return it to Eastern.

I have other images on the box through Multiboot and this doesn't happen with other images. It started doing it right after I updated around Daylight Savings time here, so early March. If its something that can be remedied with a future update I would appreciate it.

• mano. What channel editor are you using? Jens suggested I use E-Channelizer. I was using Dreamset Editor.
    Since I've gone to using E-Channelizer I havent had one timezone issue at all.
    Sometimes after a reboot it takes a few minutes for time to sync if the box has been off for a long time.

• I ha e tried both NTP and transponder.

I use E-Chanelizer for creating custom bouquets, although not sure how it would impact timezones.

The issue isn’t a sync issue. The issue is that the Eastern timezone that I select gets reselected as a GMT+1 timezone upon reboot. I get the same issue with my Octagon SF8008 running latest PurE2 as well.

• Which skin? Any other extra plugin that might interfere with it?

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Just fyi. i was using openatv and openvix, datdreamgr on an H7. tried different images on it. same problems.
    when i got my edision mio i experienced the same problem on it. and i had been using dreamset editor since day 1.
    as per a previous post i even edited the python file which contained the default timezone setting per my region (eastern usa). recompiled it.
    same issues. as i mentioned jens suggested i used e-channelizer. that fixed all of my timezone problems.
    dreamset editor, for me, seemed to be 100% an attribute for the timezone issue.
    perhaps a bug in E2 which was overlooked and needs a bit of debugging. seeing as most images are tailored for european users.

• /etc/enigma2/settings

open this file in some editor (ex. Notepad++)

check this config (value):

Code
    config.timezone.val=(your time zone here)

Check if this config exists when everything is ok.

And then recheck again, when you loose timezone.

• /etc/enigma2/settings

open this file in some editor (ex. Notepad++)

check this config (value):

Code
    config.timezone.val=(your time zone here)

Check if this config exists when everything is ok.

And then recheck again, when you loose timezone.

Sorry, I've been busy and this wasn't bothering me because I had done a restart in a while. I checked the settings and it was set to this:

config.timezone.val=(GMT-05:00) Eastern - IN (most areas)

It was like that both before and after the restart even though the time on the clock, and timezone on the box, had changed to GMT+1 after the restart.

• I have confirmed this is happening on many different boxes using PurE2. I have tested now the H7, Octagon SF8008, Zgemma H9S and GigaBlue X2HD. All with the lost timezone after restart.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

• Is it possible, on your boxes, that some 3rd party plugin or skin making a mess with time zone!?

I ask because i have all that boxes, except GB, no problem at all.

And i don't see that anyone have the same problem except you.

• I may be totally unqualified for this. I believe in Watney's saying. Lets "science the s**t out of this".
    From another post, I've just plowed through several images on my H7 to find the elusive blindscan fix. Enough of that.
    But I do have a mio and H7 keeping time as they should in front of me right now.

Could you please flash openatv 6.2 or openpli on the H7. Get through the setup wizard.
    Set your timezone and choose NTP for a timeserver. Just verify you're SAVING all of the settings you can.
    Reboot it cold. Did the zone stick? Give it a few minutes to see what happens if not.
    At this point we're looking for your zone even though the time may not be exact to the minute, it shouldn't be back to the initial value when you started the wizard.
    Scan just 1 satellite. Manual scan.
    Open E-Channelizer. Read the receiver.
    Make a new bouquet. Name it the sat name (ie: 105W).
    Open the last scanned file. CTRL-A to select all. Sort it A-Z.
    CTRL-A again to select all and drag last scanned into the new bouquet.
    Write (save to) the receiver.
    Close E-Channelizer. DO NOT SAVE the changes. Just kill it.
    Check if the time is still correct. Hopefully it is.
    Check your new bouquet in EPG. Let's not worry about installing a CAM just yet. Channels show in the list?
    Okay. Now. Go to deep standby. Then restart the box.
    How's the time now? Give it several minutes to sync. It shouldn't have reverted to Germany, Amsterdam, or whatever.
    Check it in time settings.

Like Watney said. Lets figure this out.

• Ok, now i have the same problem on reboot, but only with value: (GMT-05:00) Eastern - IN (most areas)

@mano9423

Can you please set timezone to "(GMT-04:00) Santiago", until we investigate this. I think Santiago has the same clock as (GMT-05:00) Eastern - IN (most areas)!?

• Ok, now i have the same problem on reboot, but only with value: (GMT-05:00) Eastern - IN (most areas)

@mano9423

Can you please set timezone to "(GMT-04:00) Santiago", until we investigate this.

Could you see if slapping in the sats.xml to include the USA sats would be a big deal?
    And just because when initally scanning in a sat I haven't been able to enter the last scanned bouquet in epg until I edit and make a new bouquet to copy last scanned into.
    Thanks!

@mano9423

Can you please set timezone to "(GMT-04:00) Santiago", until we investigate this. I think Santiago has the same clock as (GMT-05:00) Eastern - IN (most areas)!?

Alright, glad to see I am not crazy! haha.

I will make that change for now and look forward to the fix. Thank you so much for working through it!

• FTP timezone.xml to /etc/tuxbox

overwrite existing file

restart

Waiting for your response. If is ok we will update the source.

Perfect. That seems to have corrected the issue.

However, it has caused me to find another one! lol. It would appear that there are 3 different Eastern timezones:

(GMT-05:00) Eastern - IN (most areas) - works fine

(GMT-05:00) Eastern-ON,QC (most areas) - works fine

(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (Us and Canada) - Is an hour behind, like it didn't update for Daylight Savings Time.

Anyways, that last issue is certainly not a big one. Heck, the existing issue that you just corrected wasn't a big issue! haha. I appreciate the effort though in getting it fixed, thanks!!

• ....i wondered that too. is the math simply not there to take in account 'spring forward, fall back'? and is a usa ntp server instead of tp time supposed to take care of it?

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!