uno tuner

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,871 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• just wondering what other peeps views are of the uno tuner unit.
    I have just bought a vu uno to replace my dm800. generally speaking i think the receiver is very good. however a bit dissapointed about the tuner.
    living in a fringe area the tuner gain is important and i found this evening with a bit of bad weather around i was loosing some of the weaker channels.
    i changed back to me dm 800 and the channels i was loosing on my VU continued to work fine on the DM 800. so in conclusion it appears the DM tuner is better than the VU uno

• I would agree mate the tuner in my dm7020hd it better than the one in my vu+duo what lnb are you using ?

• Its actually the reverse, The problem is the uno / ultimo tuners are actually too sensitive and on large dish setups some need a attenuator fitted inline between the lnb / tuner card as the very strong channels can overpower the weaker ones substantially. Those who have fitted a attenuator to dumb down the stronger incoming channels have seen marked improvement in reception of weaker channels.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Try this is you can. tune to a weak channel and place a wet cloth over the LNB if it is a case of your tuner being too sensitive you will see quite a difference in the reception of the weaker channels.

• just an update on this: I did as phoenix suggested (attenuating the signal) this resulted in loss of the affected signals earlier.
    the interesting point is today i tried VU solo and the performance was excellent. even better than the dm 800.

• yes the tuner is Vuplus DVB-S NIM (DVB S2). all seems well connected.
    It has also been suggested that I do the FPGA update. what is this and would it affect the tuner performance?

The FPGA update is critical to the tuners performance as it flashes new firmware to the chips that control the Tuner card. if you have not already done so update the FPGA to the latest version.

• just an update on this issue which may be of help to somebody else.
    I updated the FPGA and there was a slight improvement but still not good enough, so ordered a 20db variable attenuator and the results where improved immeadiately
    with the uno giving as good results as the dm800 and solo. so the advice from Phoenix was spot on. thanks

• just an update on this issue which may be of help to somebody else.
    I updated the FPGA and there was a slight improvement but still not good enough, so ordered a 20db variable attenuator and the results where improved immeadiately
    with the uno giving as good results as the dm800 and solo. so the advice from Phoenix was spot on. thanks

LOL see i do know a thing or two.

VU+ UNO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!