Zgemma h7 adds blindscan

There are 26 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,023 times. The last Post () by diyjeb.

• Official Post

Thanks to the Pure2 team and captain / airdigital this has now been implemented and seems to work well

I removed all channel data

Code
    init 4 && sleep 10 && rm -rf /etc/defaultsat.tar.gz && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/lamedb* && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.radio && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.del && init 3

Then tried a blind scan on 28.2e with basic settings here are the results:

7497af9278ca56a.jpg

4ccb0d1beeb8f8cc8ecd0c2.jpg

cd1adfdaf1ce3c0e806a962.jpg

816f35f44e34b1a819.jpg

2c6229.jpg

2155e1e48b9ed4fbf28cb.jpg

32aeb67d9fa32542a3ba.jpg

• Jens, where are you, m8? And how large a dish do you have, please?

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Thanx for the PM and answers you have given me in it, m8.

Hmmm, strange... I am not sure but this doesn't seem quite right, since I regularly find almost 1000 channels on 28E, having installed Ciefp's list (so satellites.xml file in the machine is his)...

Now, to test it all properly, I did the regular manual search - before I did the SW Update - and I found 942 channels with H7S + T90 setup, 28E being my second LNB, of 11 LNBs on T90.

Then, I updated my SW (no need for re-flashing, well done developers, a simple SW Update did it!) and I did a Blind search - I got 76 TPs (stuck a bit on 24, 37, 61) and 965 channels.

Interesting - when I went to the living room where H7 lives, to see how far it went, I found that at 54% of blind scan it already got 942 channels...

5ac49490720083.jpg

0b773a5f75b83450.jpg

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Official Post

I would say your results are correct

There should be about 970 channel's

But you would have used the satellite xml and that will find all channel's

What I did was a proper blindscan with no sat xml or channel list in the box.

There are settings in the plugin to get a more accurate scan I will try playing about with that when indoors.

I tested on some of the sports feeds last night and it found them okay but I scanned a specific freq range when doing that. For the most part that is all I'm likely to use it for.....the occasional broadcaster feeds.....

• Not sure about this: you see, you give it the command to search for channels but it must search for TPs first. How many did you get?

Then, according to those, it searches for channels, from what it looks like to me....

Now, I am not an expert and I might be wrong on this but...

I compare this to Alien5 and Edision OS mio 4K...

One more thing: I do use the "search network" setting, too.

Anyway, do tell, if you are going to experiment - if you have the time - if you, say, leave just 1 TP in the satellites.xml file, what do you get, please?

• Hello, may thanks for implementing the blind scan function on the H7. Its a great feature to have.

For some reason Its not working for me though. I have the zgemma H7.AC for North America. When I start the blind scan plugin with default settings, it finds the transponder that the box was tuned to and keeps finding the same one over and over. It doesn't appear to switch frequency. The list of found transponders gets filled line after line with the same frequency, symbol rate, FEC...

When I start the blind scan plugin with start and stop frequencies changed to 11700 and 12200 to match the satellite band for 95W, the blind scan state window shows "Try to find used satellite transponders..." and nothing is found.

Hopefully this gives you enough information to work with and of course always willing to test changes.

Thanks,

• Official Post

i take it that is on C band satellite ?? Are you on the latest pure2 image ??

• Official Post

I have a ku band satellite dish with an Invacom Qph-031 Quad Polar LNB (circular & linear).

I have pure2 v.6.2 (kernel 4.10.12)

LOF: 10750 linear

LOF: 11250 circular

Sorry i am not going to be much help here....

i had to google what that lnb dose..... i am no expert but at a guess i would imagine the blindscan plugin is not switching between circular & linear, hence not finding anything.

A lot of work has been done with the plugin of late, the main guys behind it are active on the openPLI forum. I strongly suggest you load up some openpli firmware and test with that, i would guess you will have the same issue with openpli..... then it would be an idea to post the issue in detail on there forum.

Out of interest are you aware of any enigma2 box that blind scans with that LNB / Sat setup ??

• The switching is between horizontal and vertical polarity for the linear part and between left hand polarity and right hand polarity for the circular. Each LNB output (2 x linear / 2 x circular) operate independently. In my case, I'm not seeing any switching of polarity or frequency. As you suggest, I'll give openpli a try and maybe we'll be able to fix this in pure2 if we are successful with openpli. Pure2 is a great firmware, and so is openpli of course.

There is the LINKBOX 9000i LOCAL Satellite, ATSC Terrestrial & IPTV Receiver that does blind scan but I'd rather see if I can get the zgemma H7.AC working. I think it will just be a matter of time. There are others but they have a DVB-T2 tuner and we use an ATSC in North America.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

• Good luck with that and do tell... ;)

Jens, I just counted the TPs in Ciefp's list and I counted 80 of them (margin of error: 1+-, as it's that early... :rasta2bigsmoke0gf1: )...

So, my conclusion is that either Blindscan is seeing only the active TPs or it needs work...

• Official Post

Good luck with that and do tell... ;)

Jens, I just counted the TPs in Ciefp's list and I counted 80 of them (margin of error: 1+-, as it's that early... :rasta2bigsmoke0gf1: )...

So, my conclusion is that either Blindscan is seeing only the active TPs or it needs work...

i dont understand, how is anyone meant to scan a non active TP ?? It has to be there to be seen by the plugin .....

Visit the feed section or use the pure2 plugin "livefeeds" and scan with those parameters for feeds. You will need a 1.2m dish min.

Some feeds need a 2.4m to 5m plus dish......

My screen shots above are on a little 60cm mesh motorised dish, i will test properly when home and have my big dish to play with.

In the meantime if anyone else has this box and a big dish would you please report your findings.

• No, what I meant is "currently transmitting". Some might not be transmitting but may be regulars and it won't be seen unless some show/feed is actually being beamed down...? As in, not a sausage is being sent from such TPs, even though they may be reserved for such feeds and unchanging in terms of parameters etc.?

For instance, when you haven't enough signal but you switch on "Network search", you will pull the "networked" channels that you can't watch. Similarly, aren't these TPs somehow connected, given the managers of the satellite have fixed it and it's there but...? They send absolutely nothing in between the feeds?

When I got my first motorised dish (analogue days :) ) I would find feeds while searching for "raw news feeds" or NBA games etc, but I don't recall "blind search function" back then... Perhaps we would relay on Satellite TV magazine - if memory serves... Put in the parameters and pray... :laugh1:Hence my Q... :rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

• Hello.
    Tried a couple of images this morning. Ended up on pure2.
    Looks like the H7 blindscan only covers ku band freqs? Same on the images I tried (vix, openatv). I couldn't get the start/stop freqs down into the 4000's for c band.
    Also noticed that pure2 doesn't include sats for my side of the globe in the xml. No biggie. Nailed that.
    So much for that. The os mio is such a nice receiver. Love it!

Edited:

As an interim bit of help. Here is a satellites.xml from over at tvrosat. It has the latest software blindscan info.
    You can try it if you want. It's been awhile since I've used the file. Set it up in tuner configuration but don't assign a positioner parameter if you use a motorized dish.
    Just be sure you backup the original file.

satellites.xml

• Ah well, the meaning of 'blindscan' is a bit elusive/shady among manufacturers/users, especially in C band. A proper one (in a true sense of the def) should not care about predefined satellites.xml or other stuff, but do a 2 pass scan; 1st spectral analysis (get something strong and probably reasonable) and then do all the possible DVB parameters checks to see if it makes any sense. There are at least two more approaches to this problem, with less or more happy results (time vs quality).

• Official Post

Ah well, the meaning of 'blindscan' is a bit elusive/shady among manufacturers/users, especially in C band. A proper one (in a true sense of the def) should not care about predefined satellites.xml or other stuff, but do a 2 pass scan; 1st spectral analysis (get something strong and probably reasonable) and then do all the possible DVB parameters checks to see if it makes any sense. There are at least two more approaches to this problem, with less or more happy results (time vs quality).

it would appears to not be working well for anyone..... there is reports with the driver dev too

• It is a kinda snafu stuff, for a proper (whatever the definition is) one ***might*** need hw support, but than again in most cases a simple ('simple' is a wrong word, let us say that standards are respected) is enough.
    Sadly, it is PIA (or $$) to have it properly implemented, and we have this strange fun ---> and blame it on another guy game.
    Than again, as very few users need this....

• Tromo. I was quite a bit let down when I found my H7 did not perform a real hardware based blind scan.
    I voiced it in several places. And stumbled through several images in hopes it would actually appear out of the ethers.
    The core issues (I believe to be true) are vendors, developers, and the hardware internal electronics vendors.
    As far as stumbling through, for comparison the Edision receiver I have came with satdreamgr usa edition.
    Not bad, not great. But tuned for the beginner. 6-7 months into this I'm considering myself not green any more. But certainly not a guru.
    The H7 "blind scan" capability is false, even for now. The Edision, which ever image I've chosen to try, has blind scan right in your face.
    I had to hunt for a plugin to add. To find that they didn't apply to C Band, or in the case of openpli (with C Band blind scan settings) 'tuner not supported'.
    The Edision has settings that just make sense. Like a piece or radio equipment with scanning capabilities.

So we'll have to wait. And be patient. If my instincts are correct Broadcom will have to release code to developers. Everyone is so secretive.
    And of course developers will package the tweaks for the image guys to implement. And we wait and see if things work the way one would expect.
    But I blame vendors and vendor supported reviews for not saying right out front that frequency tables are software based.
    Not exactly as if the pixies are inside hunting for a frequency, symbol rate, modulation scheme, writing and storing them as and when found
    Or misleading a person of the blind scan term which is based on a configuration file.
    I've gotten a bit gentler in my 'old age' on this subject. But the H7 is one of the biggest let downs I've spent money on in a long time.
    Believe me, the decision to get it was funneled down from reviews. Unfortunately it will probably be up on ebay fairly soon.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!