Oscam-emu PV Channles Freezing.

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,835 times. The last Post () by supwiddiss.

• Not sure if this should be in the os mio section.
    Randomly while watching PV channels the picture will freeze. Only a reboot of the receiver will fix it. Stop/start oscam and a GUI reboot will not.
    Running the latest oscam version and just placed the new configs in the directory. This has happened the same way with the past few oscam versions. It's unpredictable.

Live log shows normal operation and continues to scroll after the video freezes. Audio is normal. I'm using the default log level setting.
    I sure could use some diagnostic suggestions. Could I post any logs or files to help me learn what is going on?
    It's happening with openatv 6.2. I update daily.

Thanks, guys

• "Audio is normal" ??? So video stops and audio continues to play ok?

You can post oscam-emu log with debug 128, but I doubt it is an oscam-emu problem.

It should be related to the drivers. Does it happen with various channels or with a specific one?

• Yes. I'm trying to catch logs right when it happens. It looks like oscam is running still after the video freezes.
    So far what I see is when pv channels freeze I can switch to an open channel and it's ok.
    If I go back to any pv channel that decodes notrmally the video is black and audio is okay.

• supwiddiss I am looking forward for your logs. Problem sounds interesting.

I've found something interesting. A freeze just occurred. I don't have logs on this one but now I know how to narrow it down, Ill be on the watch out for the next one.

Strange thing. A video freeze happens. I can change to an adjacent channel where a frozen frame is (with normal audio).
    If I change back and forth channels, frozen frames have updated. But still frozen. Jumping to an itc channel is normal. Make sense?
    Stay tuned!

• I don't see anything suspicious.

I see you use lots of descramblers (up to 69 of 96) which means you have a great amount of channels open, right?

Also I see you have 2 emu readers. Delete the 2nd one (AFN_EMU). It is not needed anymore.

It would be nice if you could reproduce the freeze while having enigma2 in debug mode, so I can get a debug log. Perhaps there is something there.

• Maybe a little foresight of what to look for.
    A lot of channels open? I only watch one at a time. "Open"? I do have many keys in my softcam.key file. Plus the ones added by oscam at the bottom part of my list.
    I find that if I don't parse older ones (perhaps 3 weeks or older) I cannot save changes in the webif. So FTP is necessary.
    I also notice that the newest config once again added an AFN reader. And some PV channels (not AFN) use that as the reader.
    So if I delete it, what bad things can occur? And I wonder why it was implemented again after it was mentioned in a previous post that it wasn't needed anymore.

I could read about putting oscam in debug mode. Any tips would be a big help. So far I set live log to All in the settings for 'Switch Debug from' and 'Switch displayed log lines from' is at 512. That is how my log attachments are presented. So The last minute or so is where I caught the freeze and copy/pasted into a text editor for you to look at.

Hopefully this can be fine toothed combed and figured out.
    My install was fresh on the mio. I installed an ipk that was for it. restored my softcam.key file. Then replaced the oscam binary that addressed the new AFN hash modes. Just recently updated to the new config files (but kept my softcam.key file).
    So besides my keys, everything is pretty fresh. I've only had the mio for a short while.

• Official Post

For an enigma2 debug, use putty and this command

Code
    init 4
    ENIGMA_DEBUG_LVL=5 enigma2

that will change the debug level from info to debug

Hopefully something happens with the log when it freezes

Your in good hands with @nautilus7

• supwiddiss let's get things from the start.

1. A single emu reader is enough. If you need more, then your config is wrong. Please attach the complete config folder to have a look.

2. If you check your logs, you'll see that you're using 69 or so descramblers. Each Powervu channel uses at most 5 and each non Powervu channel exactly 1 descrambler. So, you either watch about 15 Powervu channels simultaneously, or there is a bug in oscam counting the used descramblers wrong.

Let's first take care of your config, and then I'll tell you what to do to determine what's wrong with the descrambler count. Maybe the freezing comes from that.

• Webif not being accessible is caused by the big size of the stoftcam.key. If you have many keys and size gets above ~170KB or so, then the webif doesn't respond. Delete old (expired) powervu keys, until I fix the problem.

Who added the back the 2nd emu reader in your config? You should be careful where you get your configs and softcam.keys. There's a lot of people making really crappy configs and softcam.keys that cause many problems. If you cannot create your own, I recommend using the files from .:T3O:. or/and W@Rp.

• Alrightey. I didn't ask the most important question. I switched to debug level. Hoping the oscam log from /tmp is correct.
    I had my tv on a PV channel for several hours. Steady picture. Switched to another on another sat. Watched it for 5-10 minutes and got a freeze.
    The Putty log looks a little funky (formatting). The oscam log is from /tmp. I believe I bumped the file size up in the configs.
    Noticed also I need to leave Putty open after I set the debug level or my picture/sound 'goes south' as we say here.

Will trim back my keys file to a smaller size.

oscam.log          Putty_Log.txt     config.zip

• Ok, first of all DELETE the AFN_EMU reader from your config. It is absolutely useless. Then follow the steps below, so I can see what is the problems with the descramblers number.

0. Delete AFN_EMU reader

1. In webif --> Global enable logging and set initial debug level to 128. Also set file size to 1000KB or even double or triple this size.

2. Tune to one crypted channel (which uses tandberg or card sharing - but not powervu).

3. Restart oscam-emu.

4. Zap to another channel like above (that uses tandberg or card sharing - but not powervu).

5. Then zap to a powervu channel (make sure you already have the correct ecm keys, so it opens).

6. Zap to a different powervu channel (again make sure you have correct keys).

7. Zap back to another NON-powervu channel.

8. Then put receiver on standby mode.

9. Finally, turn on receiver again (to the last channel).

Please follow the above steps exactly so I can see if the descrambler count is correctly determined every time. You can stay in each channel for 10-20 seconds (I don't mind). After completing the test, I would like to get the log, of course. If there is a .prev file in the directory where the log is, I need that also.

You can also try to reproduce the "freeze" again (after deleting AFN_EMU reader). To get a better formatted log in putty, perhaps maximizing the putty window will help. Or maybe there is also a crash.log (or enigma2.log) in /tmp folder?

• Sorry for the lapse in getting back. The only sat I see in the 47.5-133W arc I see over here that has Tandberg, I cannot find keys for.
    I have some BISS channels though. Haven't checked them lately to see if the keys are still good.
    I'm not using cs. Haven't got into oscam enough to venture into that.

FYI, I didn't delete the AFN reader just yet but did shut it off in the webif. Still seeing pv channels using the afn emulator.
    Also when I use Putty to put the receiver in debug mode how to I properly exit Putty to put the receiver back to normal?
    If I exit Putty my screen goes black and the receiver hangs when I shutdown/restart. So a power cycle is necessary.

This is getting very interesting and educational. Thanks!

OSCam-EMU Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam-EMU Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!