NC+ Conax and Smargo Smart reader

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,770 times. The last Post () by naszdom.

• I have a NC+ conax card which I have got running with Oscam but it will not update. I do not have the RSA. The supplier Kamsat never sent it and insists I do not need it.

To try to get it to update in my VU+ Uno I thought I would try a smargo. I cannot get this to work. II have tried this configuration:

[reader]

label = mysmargoreader

protocol = smartreader

device = /dev/ttyUSB3 [I have tried 0,1 and 2 and card both ways]

caid = 0b01

smargopatch =1

detect = cd

mhz = 357

cardmhz = 357

group = 5

emmcache = 1,3,2

I am using Vix so I should not need drivers but it just does not want to know. My oscam webinterface is as attached.

If I try to update it on a Windows 10 computer the update button greys out as is if it is working but it remains at 0% all the time.9372dbdf363d9923.jpg

• The smartreader protocol needs a serial communication interface, not a USB communication interface in the "device" entry. In oscam-webif there is an option to view available devices: Readers -> Scan USB. Then in the "device" configuration entry it will look like this:

device = serial:smargo

(depending on what you find from the USB device list)

You can also try protocol = smargo , but then please use the ttyUSB device instead of serial device. Then there is protocol = mouse , but it is used for a Phoenix reader.

/// EDIT :

aeskey = 0102030405060708090a0b0c0d0e0f10

Add this aeskey entry there, by the followfing tutorial: Oscam + All different settings for cardreaders (smargo, omnikey, etc.)

• Thanks for your reply. I still cannot get it to work. When I Readers -> Scan USB I get:

d3cf2770532f23ea.jpg

It appears to show 4 USBs although I am only supposed to have three. I have a hard drive and the smargo attached as a guess the smargo is device 7. I have tried various configurations in the tutorial. However it might help if I could understand my USB device list

• master G

Added the Label Nagra Cards

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!